View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cynthetiq
Tilted Cat Head

Administrator
State of TFP 2010 and its future

I have been doing stuff about the boards behind the scenes. I haven't really been posting so much mostly because the time that I do have has been behind the scenes and doing research on some new software and upgrades.

In February 2009 Halx announced that he would be taking a step back from the day to day operations and goings on of TFP. He passed the responsibility to me. I don't think we ever made a community announcement, but we did acknowledge it among the staff. It gave me the fire to complete some things that I had kept on the back burner. Most were minor updates, but nothing that has added much functionality but definitely enhanced the community experience. Sometimes, when I see Halx posting often I forget that but I'd like to remind myself and the rest of the community that the buck stops here with me. If you have any issues or comments about the site or staff members, please remember that I am very approachable and will take time to listen to your concerns.

There are a few other staffing changes that you may have noticed. The admins have added another admin back into the fold, amonkie to help us with some of the more technical workload. World's King was also brought back as a moderator. He is a long time member with strong opinions on keeping this place running smoothly, and practically omnipresent in chat. Guccilvr is no longer a staff member but I'd like to thank him for his years of service on the staff, his dedication and passion for this place runs really deep. Please remember to thank them for their hard work and contributions.

A few months ago we split off the Erogenous Zone into its own website. The link that you see on the home page will more than likely be removed in the near future. They are separate sites with separate databases. Right now they have the same themes so it's a little confusing to the eye. I plan on working on similar yet different themes in the next few weeks. There is a good amount of work that needs to be done there to bring it up to standards that help differentiate it from the TFP Discussion community. If anyone in the community would like to create a new logo for the TFP Erogenous Zone, it would be very helpful.

We're in discussions as to how to move the site to the next level and we'll make an announcement in the near future. I'm writing this prematurely mostly because this is the first time that I've had an opportunity to sit and actually write something here. I have to say that the staff has lots of ideas and not only do we have to figure out which ones to implement but also what time frame it's going to get done in. I would also like to solicit some ideas from the community. There are no guarantees that we'll implement your ideas, but it gives us a good idea as to what you may be looking for as a community. We want to improve the interaction, the discussion, and the experience here at Tilted Forum Project which in turn will attract more individuals to interact and discuss issues. In order to achieve this, just like the discussions, we need your participation.

I plan on presenting some more information as soon as we've completed the plans and time lines.
I don't care if you are black, white, purple, green, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, hippie, cop, bum, admin, user, English, Irish, French, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, indian, cowboy, tall, short, fat, skinny, emo, punk, mod, rocker, straight, gay, lesbian, jock, nerd, geek, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, driver, pedestrian, or bicyclist, either you're an asshole or you're not.

Last edited by Cynthetiq; 03-07-2010 at 01:08 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54