Thread: Bullies
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bodyhammer86
Insane

I grew up in a very low class town in downstate Illinois and of course, I was bullied almost all the time grades 5-7. The reasons? I was fat, bad at sports, had no social skills, and more than likely, because I actually gave a shit about being smart and didn't come from a family of inbred, meth addicted jerkoffs like many of my bullies had. It was strange, most of my bullies didn't fall into the so called "jock" or athletic cliques, but they were more just stupid, inbred white trash degenerates who'd be lucky if they could tell their heads from their asses. Anyway, I tried telling my parents about it, but their best advice was "just ignore them" or "stay away from them" (Yeah, that sure helped stop the bullying! Not....). I tried going to my teachers, but of course, they didn't do a damn thing about it. Aside from one friend, I reacted pretty much by completely isolating myself socially, which set me back even further in the social skills department.

One bully from that period really sticks out in my mind. You see, the school bus I rode on at the time would go from the elementary school I went to over to the high school to pick up the high school students. There was this one kid in my grade who was a complete waste of oxygen, had numerous issues, and for some unknown reason, absolutely hated me and as a result, would harass me all the time. As if that wasn't bad enough, he had a degenerate older brother (who was four years ahead of me, in my sister's grade) who he got to harass and threaten me as well. To be bluntly honest, I really fucking hated this guy simply for the fact that he was a coward, picking on somebody who was smaller and younger than him, and made me dread going on the school bus every day when I was in 6th grade. To this day, I keep an eye out for the guy whenever I go around town or am at work and wouldn't pass up an opportunity to break his fucking face for making my life a living hell back then.

During high school, I was pretty much ignored by everyone, and I had a small group of friends, one of which was a complete douchebag who on occason, was verbally abusive, took advantage of me (meaning that he'd beg me for money, rides, etc.), and was apparently under the impression that just because he'd been stepped on all of his life meant that he could treat other people like shit. In retrospect, I wish I could have been in better shape, gotten into a martial art of some sort, and fought back against some of these assholes back then, but of course, hindsight's always 20/20.

After I graduated, I lost weight, got into better shape, developed my social skills, and now have a pretty decent group of friends, but the scars of bullying still remain, even after many years have passed.
Pantera, Shadows Fall, Fear Factory, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Dimmu Borgir, Watch Them Die, Motorhead, Beyond the Embrace, Himsa, Black Label Society, Machine Head, In Flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Children of Bodom, Norther, Nightrage, At the Gates, God Forbid, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, All That Remains, Anthrax, Mudvayne, Arch Enemy, and Old Man's Child \m/

Last edited by Bodyhammer86; 02-10-2010 at 11:50 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73