View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #50 (permalink)
james t kirk
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka_Guru View Post
They've already done surveys. As many as 40% want him brought here to face justice. And a sizable chunk are indifferent, leaving fewer who actually just want him to stay where he is. It's generally a split situation. There is no "vast majority." There isn't a majority of any stripe.

And I find nothing naive about upholding this nation's Constitution and Charter of Rights. It is naive to think that doing so will result in the tolerance of terrorism----or, as you suggest, in merely supporting such an initiative.

Bullocks.
As I said, it depends on how you ask the question. If you phrase the question from the point of view of Canada coming to rescue of one of its citizens, or you phrase it from the point of view of Canada expending a great deal of time and energy to rescue a terrorist. It's all in how you spin the question. Surely you know that.

There are something in the order of 400 Canadian Nationals being held in various jails for various crimes around the world.

What makes this one so special?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_jay View Post
There have been protests, but as you said 'large' another generic term like 'vast majority' I suspect you'll just say 'they weren't 'large' enough.

Ummm I can't write anything from an NDP point of view, never voted NDP in my life so sorry.

Now we'll go with the fear position, maybe we should get us a terror alert traffic light like the US had/has.

This has what to do with anything? Oh no I can't find a documentary they're censoring it, I hate CBC, they're the devil.. Watch it on PBS instead, it's quite easy to find.
frontline: son of al qaeda | PBS
Actually I like the CBC.

NDP bias and all.

Thanks for the link.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka_Guru View Post
They've already done surveys. As many as 40% want him brought here to face justice. And a sizable chunk are indifferent, leaving fewer who actually just want him to stay where he is. It's generally a split situation. There is no "vast majority." There isn't a majority of any stripe.

And I find nothing naive about upholding this nation's Constitution and Charter of Rights. It is naive to think that doing so will result in the tolerance of terrorism----or, as you suggest, in merely supporting such an initiative.

Bullocks.
Our Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not apply around the world. We have no jurisdiction over the Americans. This has nothing to to with upholding the Constitution and the Supreme Court would agree.

Omar Khadr is not worth it.

Last edited by james t kirk; 02-01-2010 at 11:28 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73