View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #47 (permalink)
james t kirk
Junkie

"Our brother is being held in Guantanamo Bay based on the lies told by both the American and Canadian governments," she stated. "(An) election is the perfect opportunity to tell those politicians that we are not going to be their bogeyman any longer."

Zaynab Khadr and her mother Maha Elsamnah were vilified in Canada following a March 2004 CBC documentary entitled Al Qaeda Family. The story profiled Khadr's older brother Abdurahman but featured interviews with his sister and mother where they spoke with ambivalence about the 9/11 attacks and criticized Canada's liberal laws. Elsamnah said she would rather raise her children to fight than live in Canada where they could become homosexuals or addicted to drugs

Link:

Khadr family views won't help Omar, lawyer says - thestar.com

I don't see any large protests in the streets of Canada crying for the release of Omar Khadr, or in support of his terrorist family. I would argue that that lack of support would indicate that the vast majority of Canadians are indifferent at best. One could conduct a survey I am sure and depending on how you worded the question - the answer could go either way. From my point of view, the Question would be "Do you think that the Canadian government should intercede against the United States on behalf of one Omar Khadr who is being held by the American government after he was captured by NATO troops fighting for Al Qaeda in Afghanistan in fire fight where NATO troops were killed by said terrorists?"

I wonder how the "vast majority" of Canadians would answer that question.

You guys can write your own question from the NDP point of view. (Just so long as my question gets read to the people surveyed at the same time as your question.)

I don't see any large protests in the streets of Canada crying for the release of Omar Khadr, or in support of his terrorist family.

As an aside,

Interestingly enough, I cannot find a link to the famous "Al Qaeda Family" on the CBC. Perhaps it has been censored by the good folks at the CBC.

I respect your right to have your position on the issue, however, I strongly disagree with it. I find your position extremely naive. You are both very tolerant of a group of people who are very intolerant of you and would love nothing more than to see this Country and everything it stands for go up in a mushroom cloud. I am far more concerned about the average tax paying Canadian citizens who abide by our laws and find themselves out of work, or fighting for economic survival while doing the right thing than I am about Omar Khadr or his entire family.

Last edited by james t kirk; 02-01-2010 at 09:41 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73