View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wes Mantooth
Junkie

I've never had Absinthe MSD, sounds like it has rather a nice kick to it. Its distilled from wormwood isn't? About 80-100 proof? I'll have to give it a shot sometimes.

Canuckguy, there is nothing on earth worse then having to call your mom when you get a little too rowdy. When I was younger (around 17 or 18) I was out drinking with some friends at the University of Maine during an ice storm. The power was out, everything very dark and I decided for what ever reason in my drunken stupor that that a small tree laying across the road would be fun to take home. While we were dragging it across the parking lot the campus police show up and for some reason go ballistic. It was just a small tree...wtf right? So the guys trying to get everyone's name, threatening to call the cops and such, but then he says something along the lines of "if your underage I'm going to need to start calling parents." We just booked it at that point and lost him and yet for some reason I was more concerned about him calling my parents then the police. Go figure huh? Yup the police are less of a buzz kill then my parents. Yes I realize the police probably would have done the same...I was young and drunk...didn't really connect the dots on that one.

Anyway glad to hear your doing better, thanks for sharing and don't worry if its legendary or not I just want people to have fun with it.

About 4 or 5 years ago I was working with a small jazz act that got booked an early show at a club in Montreal. For some reason after the set the consensus was to just head home but after we crossed into the states (Vermont I think) everyone decided it would be a shame to waste a good night on the road so we looked for the first bar we could find. After a few hours in a nice amber haze of whiskey and cheap beer I notice this smoking hot red head sitting at a table near the back of the bar and decide in my drunken stupor to go over and chat her up a bit, much to my surprise it worked! For the next few hours we sat drinking, flirting and making out before she finally leans in and whispers that she wants to go out to her car. Who am I to refuse right? Once outside we get in the car and she decides she wants to take a drive, I roll my eyes and reluctantly agree... after all taking a late night drive in the country wasn't what I had in mind but I figured I'd see where all of this was going.

At some point on the road I must have either fallen asleep or blacked out because the next thing I remember is waking up in a cold car parked between two buildings, pants around my ankles, t-shirt in the front seat and no girl. I get dressed, stumble out into the cold night and notice a gas station a little way down the street. I was informed by the gas attendant through large fits of laughter that I was a good 30 miles south of where I had started! I ended up calling my buddies, one of whom was still sober and he agreed to come and pick me up...after many fits of laughter himself. I still don't know to this day weather I got lucky that night or not but you can bet I went and got tested for every disease in the book.

Okay maybe not legendary either...my first post kind of set the bar a little high didn't it? Anyway keep them coming and have fun with it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54