View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Daniel_
Evil Priest: The Devil Made Me Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PulpMind View Post
Hey guys, I know it's hard to read, but can you please do that thing I asked, like, post a link to the music or *at least* give a short description of the album?

The fact is, no one is going to give any of this music a chance unless they have some reason to believe they're going to like it.
So spend a little more time to add that info, so that you're not wasting any of your time.

Thanks!

PS - Really long lists are painful. Just a BEST OF, please.
Hi Pulp.

I appreciate your concerns, but actually I find a simple list to be quite easy, and in this community, I know enough about many of the posters to know whether I will gel with their opinions. If I see something that intrigues me, I will google or look them up on wikipedia.

Sometimes, it's nice to lay down a list of quick points, not to have to go to the trouble of writing a long piece on each CD. Last year I picked up about 100 new albums, and for me to review each one would take me longer than it's worth, but to lay out titles of the best might help others.

In alphabetical order by artist:

The Weirding by Astra. Great new prog.
Before the Frost...Until the Freeze - Black Crowes : return to form
Live From MSG) - Clapton & Winwood : just, wow!
The Kinks Choral Collection - Ray Davies : beautiful reworking of old favourites
Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Dream Theater : get the 3 disk special edition with some great covers on.
Lungs - Florence and the Machine : brilliant pop
The Liberty of Norton Folgate - Madness : seriously, their best album since the first one.
The Resistance - Muse : if Queen had never ended.
Pendulum: Live at Brixton Academy - Pendulum : rocking banging great tunes
Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy : great big beats
The Crooked Vultures
The Whirlwind - Transatlantic : more prog

Later, I'll come back for re-issues and compiltions...
In labyrinths of Coral Caves,
The Echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand;
And everthing is Green and Submarine

╚═════════════════════════════════════════╝

Last edited by Daniel_; 12-22-2009 at 03:01 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54