View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cynthetiq
Tilted Cat Head

Administrator
Are we just too busy to actually discuss things anymore?

I just spent a week in Jerusalem. I lived within the confines of being Jewish for the better part of a week. While I did not pray every morning, it did mean that I ate Kosher meals and observed the Sabbath. I did not go into any Arab territory. The only time I prayed was at the Wailing Wall. The apartment we stayed in only allowed us to bring in Kosher food products. There was separate meat and dairy dishes and sinks. While there was no TV, there was wifi, but I did not bring a laptop.

I sat with our traveling friends, and we talked. We discussed, sometimes we discussed religion, other times we discussed politics. Even as we walked from place to place in Jerusalem or drove to the Dead Sea, we talked. I only turned on the radio when people fell asleep in the car.

And so I returned to this place, I haven't had much time to post these past few months. When I do, I'm not creating new threads, something that I used to do very regularly. Now, I'm responding to threads, and sometimes it's with the least amount of thought possible. I'm barely reading the OP and then barely reading the responses. For the most part, my response post is pretty much made up entirely of little substance for discussion. If you are actually reading the OP, take a moment and figure out how to fit the word or the concept of meat into your post or future replies. Don't make it too obvious since this is also part of the idea of being too busy. It will be an inside joke to those that include it. Sometimes we're just too busy to pay attention to the conversation. We're IMing. Reading email. Catching up on a blog. Watching Hulu in another window.

Take a moment and reflect on this before you post. Are you just responding to the question of the thread title? Or are you actually paying attention to what I've written here in the OP?
I don't care if you are black, white, purple, green, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, hippie, cop, bum, admin, user, English, Irish, French, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, indian, cowboy, tall, short, fat, skinny, emo, punk, mod, rocker, straight, gay, lesbian, jock, nerd, geek, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, driver, pedestrian, or bicyclist, either you're an asshole or you're not.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62