Thread: Ask a Psychic
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
ametc
Psycho

Quote:
What makes you certain that this is psychic ability and not mental illness or brain damage caused by your overdose?
What makes you certain that you're not just particularly empathetic and easily able to read people easily and subconsciously draw conclusions?
Have you, in your personal time, done any sort of controlled testing of your abilities to rule out cognitive biases, particularly confirmation bias? Stuff like writing down what you feel and comparing the number of hits and misses.
I've spoken with other psychics and we have very similar experiences. Some experiences seem unexplainable. For instance, several times I've predicted that somebody was going to die. Never a specific person.. but a general relation to the person.. and a person in the category always dies when I had expected it to occur. Some information I'm not told by spirits or can't sense (I'm told it's information "nobody needs to know"). I always test myself and like to try out new things. Online readings are the most difficult since I'm most unable to read energies from such far distances. The easiest readings are through the phone and in person (I feel the energies better). I've tried reading through skype.. but it doesn't work well for some reason. When I do a reading, I usually write it down.. so I can look back at it when I think it has happened. It's mostly hits. Though, as I keep reminding people, they have the power to change their future any way they wish. I just predict what should happen if they wish not to change or react to current settings and circumstances. Though, that's not saying I'm guessing what will happen.. I'll give you an example:

My friend was far along in her pregnancy and she wanted to know if it was going to be a boy or a girl (she hadn't checked because she wanted it to be a surprise). I kept getting the feeling of a loss. Not neccesarily a death but just a loss. I wrote down that I had that feeling, but I didn't tell her about it.. instead I told her what the sex was going to be. The next month she had a miscarriage. It's not like I realized she was going to have a miscarriage. readings are very vague and I'm only aware of certain things.. not everything.

Like I said before, I'm psychic, but my "powers" aren't as strong as some psychics. I'm still learning how to control how much and what I know.

Quote:
how can I develop the ability to see the spirits that wander around us?
Lots of meditation and this weird way of sleeping where I feel my soul exits my body. I totally forgot what it's called right now. :P Also! I work with tarot cards and pendulums and other forms of fortune telling. It helps me tune my psychic senses and energy better. Also, what vigilante said.

Quote:
That's interesting. It fits with one of my theories that angels/gods/supernatural beings/what-have-you either can't or are forbidden by God to mess with our free will. So when your friend is about to die they can tell you about it because you still have a choice on what to do. Whereas if you decide to kill yourself that's your choice and the spirits aren't allowed to try and change your mind or effect your choice in any way. Is this consistent with your experiences?

For example if there is an angel/spirit thing watching over you they can't directly interfere with your life but they can go try to tell someone else to get them to make the choice to help (or hinder) you. It's like the spirits are using a loop hole in the rules to interact with the living.

Probably the result of some dead lawyer's spirit Guess they are good for something!

I was reading one of Sylvia Browne's books the other day and she makes it more simpler to understand.. though I think she added a little extra (either that or she senses it way better than anybody I've met). Spirits can persuade us to stay "on the right track".. but we have our own freewill and choices. We can stay on the right track or we can become a drug addict, criminal, or other "low-life".. but our spirits will always try to persuade to come back to the right track. Eventually most people do. those who don't get the chance to do better in another life.

For instance: In past lives, I discovered, I have killed myself. Now, in this life, I deal with very similar issues as in my previous lives.. but this is my new chance at making it "right" or better. I forget this a lot.. especially when I'm dealing with bouts of depression. But, none-the-less, this is what I was told happens (by my spirit guides).

We have a course we can follow.. but lots of people stray from it because ..well..they CAN.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73