View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
alicat
Baffled

I've had more kitchen mishaps than I can count or remember over the years. The two most recent:

I was making chicken parm for dinner and was running a bit later than normal. Pot of sauce had been simmering away for hours and I was prepping the chicken. I finished the three stage breading and had the three huge chicken breasts resting on a paper towel. Started a pot of water boiling and went into the livingroom to grab my drink. I was gone maybe a minute and a half and walked back into the kitchen to find nothing but the paper towel and a few Panko crumbs on the floor and the dog running out of the kitchen in the opposite direction! I still can't believe he ate three large, raw chicken breasts in that amount of time. Ended up having to defrost more chicken and do it all over, we didn't end up eating dinner until 9:30 that night.

This next one involved the dog too. I tend to be pretty lax about cleaning out the fridge so sometimes it will get packed. I had put a container of (again) spaghetti sauce, covered with plastic wrap somewhat precariously on a shelf apparently. I opened the refridgerator door, the container fell out and hit the floor FLAT on it's bottom, sending a guyser of red sauce up to the ceiling and spraying everything else. I was PISSED, until I turned around and realized our snow white American Eskimo had been standing right behind me and had been splated in the face, even in his ear. I have never gone from "FUCK!" to laughing my ass off so fast in my life. He did a good job cleaning up the floor for me. I have a couple of pics, if I ever figure out how to add photos, I'll add 'em to this post.

I'm such a klutz, I can't count how many burn scars I have on both arms from hot burners, pans and oven racks. One was rather embarressing, I have no idea how it was round instead of a line like normal but it looked like a large cigar burn. Like Judd Nelson's in the "No, FUCK YOU DAD!!" scene from The Breakfast Club, in the same spot even. I felt like everyone must think I was being abused by my hubby or something. Damn thing took MONTHS to fade.

"You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late."--Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62