Thread: Smoking ...
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
LordEden
Paladin of the Palate

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznatch View Post
I like to keep some Bali Shag in my weedbox.. . It's cheaper than buying factory-made cigarettes anyway. And the aroma is so nice.
Bali Shag has to be some of the best rolling tobacco out there, loved the blue label kind.

I'm pro-smoking (is that even a category?) that doesn't smoke. I smoked cigarettes on and off since I was 18 but I wasn't a child of peer pressure. Just like black trench coats, samurai swords and motorcycles, cigars held a place in my mind as being cool as hell. I thought cigarettes were stupid and didn't want anything to do with them. I got my hands on a cigar in Mexico when I was 17 and fell in love with the smell and taste of it. Smoked cigars on and off for a year then when I found out that you can get a 5 minute break from the kitchen if you smoked cigs, so I started smoking cigarettes. I quit about 5 months ago but still do enjoy the occasional cigar when I'm drinking (I like Al Capones rum flavored, check it out, very mild and sweet smelling).

There is a very small movie theater near the college I went to that allows smoking and you can buy beer there. They only have one screen and only play movies twice a night, but the place is always packed with college students.

I don't mind being around smoke unless someone blows it in my face (Who does that? That just makes you a dick). I try to be nice about my smoking at all times and I always make sure that the bar I am in allows cigar smoking before I light up. I think I'll always fight for your right to smoke, just for the fact that it's your choice not the government's choice.

I don't think there should be laws that say if you can smoke or not, that's your right as an American (I talk about the US laws cause that's where I live) and if you want to allow smoking in your place of business, you should be able to make that choice. I understand alot of people don't want cigarette smoke around them, and I respect that decision, but you should have a choice (as a business owner) if you want no smoking at all in your business. My favorite bars are dimly lit, smokey, downstairs, with a good jukebox and I want to keep it that way. Let 99% of businesses be non-smoking, just let me have my 1% that let's you light up when you want too.

PS. An other on the poll would be great, some of us are in the grey that wouldn't mind voting.
Vice-President of the CinnamonGirl Fan Club - The Meat of the Zombiesquirrel and CinnamonGirl Sandwich

Last edited by LordEden; 06-24-2009 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Added PS

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73