View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #32 (permalink)
BCD
Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccilvr View Post
BCD: My advice, invest in Ketel One, Chopin, or Belvedere and just drink it straight. If you have to have a cocktail, then go with the one I always suggest to people (Monkie can vouch for this)

Madras

2 parts Vodka (go for the good stuff. not that sky or absolut junk)
2 parts OJ
Splash of cranberry.

now I usually add just a touch more cranberry when it's hot.. don't ask me why, it just seems to go better with the heat. I'm very rarely drinking a cocktail anymore, but this one has never failed me or anyone else that I've made it for yet.

If you don't like the taste (taste?) of regular vodka, then go with Ketel One Citroen. It has a citrus background to it and completely masks the bite.. which is why I personally won't drink it, but alot of people don't like the bite.
I always drink Ketel One or Grey Goose when I'm drinking a martini or a vodka with (little) tonic. However, I have a hard time telling the difference btwn the good stuff and the average stuff when I'm mixing it with juices. Is there that much of a difference? I have a similar philosophy with my winter drink: bourbon with a splash on ice. Always go with Woodford or Knob Creek. However, seems crazy to use such a premium bourbon in bourbon and cokes. That is what Jim Beam is for. What do you think? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanblah View Post
Well, I have a bottle of FireFly Sweet Tea vodka. It's actually pretty good. I'm a sucker for weird alcohols. (official FireFly site: .::The Original Firefly ::. WARNING: flash heavy; it killed firefox for me).
This is what everyone is drinking at my pool right now. Everyone seems to like it.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Coke Zero and ... Blanton's
These two go together like a monkey trying to hump a football. I could never do that to some Blanton's.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlemon View Post
Sounds like it would be much more summery (and, to me, better) with rum instead of vodka.
Rum = REALLY Bad Hangover

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwonderful View Post
red bull and vodka
Red Bull and Vodka = BCD performing impromptu, agressive and poorly coordinated karate and/or dance moves + strangers coming up to BCD making sure he isn't driving home.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Jeremiah Weed over ice. Yum! You're asking for trouble, though
Never heard of the stuff, but I like the challenge

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54