View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #79 (permalink)
dksuddeth
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachboy View Post
actually, dk, i'm not apologizing for the obama administration at all
yes, you are.

Quote:
--i just think that the carping from the right is absurd. brand triage uber alles---you conservative folk find yourselves in a world of shit and are transparently using anything and everything to try to dig your way out of it. the main tactic, of course, is to subdivide time so as to create a greater---and entirely imaginary---distance between yourselves and the bush administration. no-one, except maybe the conservative faithful, is fooled.
yeah, ok. Thats precisely what 'I'm' doing.

Quote:
i have alot of problems with the obama administration--but i was a lukewarm supporter all along.
i figure he's nowhere near far enough away from the sucking sound that is conservative language, conservative views. the guy's a moderate---always was, always will be, it seems. he's paying the price for being a moderate.

but this has nothing to do with the imaginary world the right inhabits.
better the slow ride to hell than the fast one? If that isn't being an apologist, nobody will know what is then.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka_Guru View Post
Might I remind the TFP that there were few of us here who expected a post-Bush presidency to be daisies and butterflies.

That Obama didn't have a crystal ball while campaigning should come as no surprise. How many presidents had one?

The president needs to compromise as he comes across certain realities. I'm sorry...how is this like Bush?
With Obama now following quite a few of the 'same' actions and policies that Bush had implemented, All of those on the left that castigated the Bush admin for enacting them are now forced to support those very same policies because it seems 'reasonable' or some stupid shit like that. How is that NOT like Bush?

With few exceptions on here, support for Obamas policies are being explained as necessary, yet those of you doing so were totally against them when enacted by the Bush admin. If that's not 'apologizing', again what would be?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73