View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #59 (permalink)
Hallucinajenn
Upright

Not comfortable with Male BC/Shedding light on IUD's

From the side effects that were listed above, I don't think I'd really like my man taking the male BC pill. Yeah, female BC does have a lot of bad side effects, but I'd rather try other methods on my own to protect the both of us instead of just saying that I have "carried the burden" this whole time and that it's time for my guy to "man up" in other words and take something harmful to his health. I had the non-hormonal copper IUD inserted and love it. 10yrs and I don't have to worry about babies if I don't want to and neither does my guy. I recommend it, but of course it comes down to everyone's comfort ability with different methods. I wouldn't judge someone because they chose to go a different route. Male or Female. Just do what makes YOU comfortable.

I have to back up the IUD for a minute. (aka "torture device") Just want to get this out there for any females just surfing the web and such.

I had an IUD inserted after I found out that I couldn't really take anything else other than POP's (progesterone only pills) considering I have high blood pressure and having any BC with Estrogen in it could kill me. POP's need to be taken 100% on time every single day... I don't have a good memory, and even with taking them the recommended way, they are only about 97% effective. I have one child already and don't plan on having anymore anytime soon... so the IUD was a good choice. Every woman is different so yeah, there are going to be horror stories. There are with every method. (even with sterilization) I get light spotting sometimes and cramping, but it's not something I can't handle.

Having the IUD inserted was about 30 seconds worth of an intense labor pain and a total of 10min of feeling real uncomfortable. The 2-3 days following that were heavy cramping pains... after that, everything is great. I'd definitely go through a small amount of horrid pain by getting the torture device inserted than having a baby that I don't want because I forgot to take my pills on time. Medically, if having the IUD put in is your best option, then I say it's worth the try ladies. Just remember we are all different so results are not always the same.

Hope I helped... in some way. I'm new to the forum discussions!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62