View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
twilightfoix
Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexify View Post
This kind of stuff is really interesting to me... I have a few "friends" who are big misanthropes and I never really understood their thought processes.

Do you find that it's hard to explain why you feel the way that you do? The misanthropes I know can give me hundreds of examples of human idiocy that get them angry, but never explain why it bothers them so much. Vice versa, they don't really understand why/how I choose to ignore it and I guess I don't really have an explanation for them either.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much and no one really has any concrete answers.
For me, your cluelessness is actually kinda mutual. Recently I have come to the conclusion that there are multiple reasons for misanthropy and everyone is different to the cause and degree of their 'hate'. Which is why I started the thread in the first place. I feel it's hard for me to explain my ideas mostly cause I don't have the connection with language I wish I had. (Sometimes when I want to be perfectly clear I'll stop and spend a minute or more looking for the ideal word to get my point across in a conversation) Ideas are difficult for me to portray to others the same as they appear in my mind's eye. (make sense?) I wonder if your misanthropic friends have the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexify View Post
...I sincerely hope that I never encounter anyone like the people I've met here after I leave.
you will, trust me, you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida0214 View Post
Wow way over my head here. Does everybody on here have PhD's or are people just applying logic and filling in the blanks with excerpts from newspaper articles. I am saying this to establish some kind of credibility. Life experience is a great way to add credibility and there is no way to prove it, but trust is a way to go.

I know this comes as me being the asshole and if a lot of this is just opinion then so be it. That is what TFP is all about, but please claim your words as your opinion and nothing more, if that is all it is. Please do not try to pass off your opinion as fact or logic. One mans logic is another mans chaos.
I speak for myself, no PhD here and no college level education as at the end of my high school career I felt college was unnecessary and a waste of my time. Though sociology is somewhat of a hobby of mine. (yeah I know I hate people, yet I want to know why they do what they do.)

I'm a reserved person socially which gives me time to observe. And as for me (an American) the western philosophy and way of life is what I really hate about humanity. Natural reactions, when we're pressed and left searching for a response, more often than not comes across as being an 'asshole'. I do it, you do it, we all do it. But again like I said all my observations are of western society where greed is ingrained in us at an early age. But is it really just greed that makes us the 'asshole' or maybe more of self preservation response where agression tends to be rewarded over submission.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73