View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
ASU2003
immoral minority

I stayed at the Stratosphere last time (I had a convertible, upgrade to a convertible. It is well worth it.) Cruising up and down the strip at night time in a convertible is a great thing to do. But, don't feel like you need a convertible. You can get a taxi or shuttle to your hotel and walk everywhere.

The pools are great, but you tend to only be allowed to go to the pool of the hotel you are staying at. And on a side note, a bunch of girls could probably get into the topless pools, however the Stratosphere one isn't private. If you are in the enclosed observation deck up high, you can look down on the topless pool. It's a strange layout.

If you decide to walk to the Vegas sign about 1/2 mile south of MGM, be sure to bring water if you go during the day. I had to stop by Subway and needed lots of water to drink after walking 1-2 miles in that heat.

And since this is a girl trip, you should see the Thunder From Down Under. Maybe someone else here can give a review.

(For the guys reading this or if you girls think it would be fun to go to a female strip club in Vegas, it isn't really all that good. At least not from what I would expect in Vegas. I've seen worse, but I would rate it a 4/10, but your experience may differ.)

Forget about diets and calories. If you are serious, eat two meals a day. One decent brunch and one dinner buffet. There are coupons, and the expensive places aren't always the best. I've been to most of them (only once so far), and I liked the Luxor quite a bit, but try one (under $20 one, you don't get that much more to justify the more pricey ones).

And if you've never been to the southwest before, I would recommend a helicopter or airplane flight to the Grand Canyon. It might cost a little, but when is the next time you would be able to have lunch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with your friends. Then again, you could save a bunch of money by driving over there and seeing it and driving back. Actually, you probably should save that for another trip, it's more of a family trip type of thing.

Fremont Street at night is interesting, but free parking is hard to come by. And the night light show is pretty interesting, but use it as a backup plan for something to do if you girls are bored for some reason. And only go up there if you have rented a car.

Walk around the different hotels and ask about events going on. Try to get into a nightclub or two there.

And remember, What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas. And listen to Elvis - Viva Las Vegas a few times to get in the mood.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73