Thread: Tea Parties
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_dux View Post
Pan...you are avoiding the most pressing issues.

What would you suggest be done to stop the unemployment growing by 1/2 million/month?
Raise tariffs on imports, give loans to small businesses, increase education and require colleges that receive federal monies to lower their tuition, with revenue from the tariffs able to offset the losses offer loans to the manufacturing sectors to build more efficient cars and offer tax breaks if they find ways to hire people.

REBUILD the infrastructure by cutting aid to foreign countries and putting that money into roads, our inner cities and urban renewal programs.

Quote:
What would you suggest be done to address the soaring costs of health care?
Regulate the industry, demand companies show how much they paid in R&D for that new med and the projections they have on how much it will make, then formulate a price that is affordable. In doing this offer them a longer patent on the med so that they aren't trying to get as much out of the system as fast as they can (which is one reason why they charge outrageous prices.)

Offer better programs for the poor, less paper work, less bureaucracy and streamline the help. Offer companies tax credits if they offer insurance. Make the insurance companies more responsible for show why they need to charge so much. Limit bullshit malpractice suits and offer doctors incentives to work in inner city ERs and hopsitals.

Quote:
What would you suggest be done to help responsible homeowners who have been paying their mortgage on time but now face foreclosure because they are now among those 1/2 million/month who have lost their job.
Well, the banks received how many billion????? Make the banks responsible to helping the homeowner. Tell the banks they have to offer hardship deferments and cuts in payments. If we bailed the banks out then they should in return do their best to help the people who are responsible. Raising fees and credit card rates after the bail out????? Using the money to buy solvent banks out because the solvent bank refused bailout money (PNC's buyout of National City is a great example.) Come on now, that is wrong.

Quote:
What would you suggest be done with AIG in light of the facts that The Jazz raised about the far reaching impact if it is left to fail?
Really, where's Jazz's post in this thread? I must have missed it.

The government picked and chose who survived and who went under. Did they help Lehman? It's one thing to help, it's another to give money and then watch them give bionuses to the very people that destroyed the company and made that company in dire need of bailout money.

Oh those rich executives had contracts for those bonuses.... well so did the Auto workers but you made them go back and renegotiate contracts and make concessions.... then blamed them for the mess in the industry. Why didn't Congress and Obama do the same to AIG executives until it was leaked out, then they fake anger, nonawareness and act all innocent..... right.

Quote:
POWER TO THE PEOPLE [/COLOR] and quotes from John Lennon are not a plan. IMO, it is an emotional appeal devoid of substantive solutions to the problems we face as a nation.
Sorry you are so offended, but you are to the extreme left and I have yet to see you truly be harsh on anything this administration and DEM controlled Congress do. I believe you have even gone so far as to imply that polls don't matter what the majority of the people want doesn't matter only getting through the DEM platform matters.

Quote:
And what is so bad about:

regulatory reform
Extensive regulatory overhaul planned

procurement reform
Obama Announces Procurement Reform Effort
Let's see the bills when they are signed and implemented. But it's too little too late IMHO and that isn't necessarily Obama's fault.

Oh you mean giving our Congress what 24/48 hours to read the stimulus package, not letting the people see it, then taking a vote without any debate whatsoever?????

What's in the stimulus package that is going to help the average citizen DC? And what is pork lining our politicians and their backers pockets?

Going against the majority of citizens and ramrodding whatever they want through?

Yeah very open.

Again, let's wait and see what these new Guidelines are and how well they are applied. But again... too little too late and not necessarily Obama's fault.

But forgive me and the majority of the people, we have heard all this before (1994 Contract with America, Bush, the Dems in 2004) and nothing changed. I think people want to see immediate actions not just lip service anymore.

Quote:
No response?
I responded. Did you think I wouldn't?
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73