Thread: Tea Parties
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

I researched and of course April 15th they have "tea parties" in almost every major Ohio city. It's a Wednesday, I have Wednesdays off. I think I just may e mail my RSVP to the one in Mansfield. Go see my mom, step dad, hit the tea party then visit my 98 yr old grandma.

Seeing Obama laughing about bailing out the auto industry and having watched a 60 minutes interviewer ask a sitting president on television if he was punch drunk, is the final straw. It shows me this man we call president is either on serious drugs or just plain insane, either way it follows then that the stimulus plan he has gotten passed was a joke. He obviously felt it was funny enough to laugh about. What's the joke Mr. President??? At least let us in on the punchline.

It's pretty much to me the equivalent to Marie Antoinette saying, "let them eat cake." There is nothing funny no humor to be found in this economic disaster.

What does one wear to a tea party? It's time to stand up and be counted and show our disapproval.

The least of your problems a year ago would be Iraq???? Ummm last year gas was closing in on $4, the real estate crisis was at full height and EVERY one of the candidates talked about how poorly the economy was. YOU FREAKIN KNEW THEN. And it's a joke to you now???????

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Marv View Post
Well, until the Democrats took over Congress, they were probably working at their jobs, which have since disappeared.
It's not a PARTY issue. That's part of the problem. We have had 30 years of different party control and the results stayed the same. The Dems promise something and instead take care of only their own. The GOP made a contract with America and instead only took care of their own. How many GOPer's signed that promised to limit their term and are still in Congress some 16 years later?

Both parties are to blame. The parties made sure we lost trust in government because when they weren't in power they worked to destroy the one that was. Neither party has tried to rebuild America, both have tried to tear it down. Look at the last 5 presidential candidates... none of them were true leaders or visionaries. Bush, Gore, Kerry, McCain and Obama? Those were the best we had these past few years? And since we have no viable 3rd party the country was stuck with that. Wow.

We have been having warning signs on this economy for almost 20 years and no one did anything in government except increase spending (but education is bankrupt, small business loans are non existent, the infrastructure is falling apart, health care/welfare were cut, and so on.... so where did all the money go?) They ignored everything. and it was BOTH parties.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

Last edited by pan6467; 03-25-2009 at 01:55 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73