Thread: Tea Parties
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynosure View Post
They're only now having these "tea parties" in protest to runaway government spending... ?!

Give me a break. Where the f**k were these self-proclaimed "God-fearing patriots", the past eight years during the Bush administration?

Maybe a bail out and a stimulus program full of pork is pushing the people to the edge.

This country has gotten so far polarized that maybe people are tired of electing officials that don't listen.

For anyone to just say it is political pandering by the right or where were they when????? Is freaking blind to the last 20 years of growing population and polls showing distrust of the government.

Maybe that distrust and the anger and simmering has come to a boil over bailouts, stimulus pork filled packages that are nothing more than failed trickle down economic policies.

Maybe the "Right" is sponsoring it but it is the people that are making it grow, it will be the people's voices that are hopefully heard.

People want hope and a belief that this train we are on can change direction. They are no longer getting either of those from their political parties and their leaders (except the extreme rightists and leftists).

The rubber band is being stretched to the max and the people the were even leaning one way are being squeezed to the breaking point. The only people getting anything out of the stretch now are those on the very far edges and even those people are starting to get squeezed.

The squeeze is getting more intense and people are wanting it to stop before it breaks...... demonstrations such as tea parties are the only voices we have now.

The only people who don't want those voices heard are those profiting from the stretching and eventual break and destruction that will ensue.

Time is short, bailouts aren't doing shit, stimulus programs loaded with failed trickle down economics won't work..... the squeeze is getting to much and the break is coming.... we best do something now or we are done, game over and this wonderful country of hope and greatness will dissolve into a history book and what the ends break down into will never be as great as what once was for anyone but those that broke the rubber band.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73