Thread: Tea Parties
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachboy View Post
poor old conservative and their brand problem that won't go away.
interesting idea for some agit-prop though, i suppose, even though it leans on that old, outmoded conservative obsession with taxes as if they were ends in themselves and so afflictions visited upon the Righteous and not an instrument for the redistribution of wealth in order to carry out specific political objectives--and if anyone should have clear political objectives right now, it's the obama administration--but when it comes down to it, they prefer to pretend, like the right does, that everything is basically the same as its always been--when it isn't---that this economic problem is a blip and not a function of stuctural problems created in particular by 30 years of conservative domination in the united states--and that if everyone just holds hands and gets optimistic that things will somehow go "back to normal"--and god knows that there should be no taxes because in times like this when wealth bloody well should be redistributed....

well apparently folk think that it should just happen magickally.

i don't understand what conservatives are thinking at this point, beyond clinging to the same ways of seeing things that brought us this wreckage and the same absurd notions concerning taxation (and a host of other things) that enabled it.

teaparties?
go for it. have fun.
See and that is part of the problem. We label people so we don't have to listen to them.

I'm not conservative but I'm not the far left liberal so to people like you, I'm conservative. When you go too far on the spectrum everything else is wrong to you. RB you are so far left anything in the middle is too far right for your views.

I stated it has been both sides. But that is missed because we love to finger point and again if it isn't in our extremist view then it is to be brushed away and defined as protecting one side.

If tax money were truly used to help build small business, knowing big business can take care of itself or they have become too big and need to downsize so that smaller business will grow.... then the tax money has been spent wisely.

If we bail out banks and credit card rates, fees, go down and loans are easier then the bail out has done what it was meant to do.

If we use tax money for what is there for a strong defense, an infrastructure that is growing and not falling apart, building a better future which includes affordable education for ALL, to give the poor help and the means to better their lives, then the tax money is going to good use.

To just give it to the outrageously rich and expect them to "share" the wealth is ludicrous and WILL NO NOT NEVER HAPPEN. BOTH SIDES ARE GUILTY OF DOING THIS.

The American people are a great people, we are the most charitable and generous people this planet has ever seen, so if the tax money is spent in ways they can see helping the people and themselves I predict they would be ok with the spending.

However, when you take and take their money and give no signs of improvement and then take rights away and push legislation that takes their guns away, their smoking rights, tax their mileage, and on and on and have scandal after scandal, pork spending, no true direction to help the people see a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't a locomotive chasing them down, they will eventually say enough.

Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Beck, Coulter the far right, the Libertarian movement and so on have a growing following because the government and media is pushing them to the far left extreme. People are stuck in the middle and by this country's nature, we are very moderate and centrist.

We're on a rubber band being pulled in 2 directions that in the end seemingly want the same goal.... protect the rich, control people's lives and pass what the deem as laws that help achieve only their goals.

Meanwhile, the people are being squeezed in the middle.

When you pull a rubber band beyond it's ability to hold it breaks and the middle collapses and the band is destroyed. That is where this country is headed unless we start getting politicians that truly understand you can pull the band a little and it's ok, but the more you pull the weaker it gets and the more pressure you give those in the middle.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73