View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #142 (permalink)
lotsofmagnets
Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by grolsch View Post
Try reading their thread. I wouldn't think there are very many atavistic men on this forum.
While there may be no "Not welcome" signs posted, perhaps there are signs we aren't grasping. I know for a fact I can argue like hell with you, name call and all the rest, and then go hang out after or whatever without leftover resentment. I know that, I think you know that. I'm just not sure most women get that (ladies, please don't flame me for that, just gently show me the error of my ways).
My point is that evidently there is a gap here. It exists. I want to know why, and I would hope there is a remedy (I'm just a tad idealistic, perhaps).
i´m not sure i get your 1st sentence. i´m not going to assume you mean you think i haven´t read their thread. my basic point is that it seems like there is a request to stifle debate so that a few extra people can join in for a fun time agreeing with each other. politics will always be divisive. in case it hasn´t been noticed i myself am a rare contributor to political debates and this is because many times i feel that others are able to express my sentiments better than me but if i have a point and there is an empty space it is my responsibility to express myself. this has nothing to do with the sexes but if people want it to then i reserve the right to disagree wholeheartedly.

but to go back to your point: i´m not a fan of the name calling stüff and i know most ppl here know it´s conterproductive. it was intersting that it was bought up in the ladies´thread rather than the ladies taking it up with the people in question.

the "irony" of the situation has just struck me that we´re forced to discuss this in a tangent in one of the political forums whereas the ladies get their own space to discuss this. i think it´s appropriate that if this discussion is continued it be away from this thread but since there really is no space where it can be discussed (by males) i think it should be terminated. if you feel you have any other points please pm me instead and i will do likewise.

back to teh regular programming.

edit: sorry, my intention is not to cut you off
she shed her mountain turning training wheels, for the convenience of the moving sidewalk, that delivers the magnetic monkey children through the mouth of impossible calendar clock, into the devil's manhole cauldron.
physics of a bicycle, isn't it remarkable?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73