View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #93 (permalink)
Cimarron29414
Still Free

Quote from Frostbyte in another thread which I moved here so I could respond - "That's a pretty bold statement that you just tossed out there. Kind of a threadjack, and I don't really buy the rest of your post, but would you care to elaborate? I don't know that anything could happen to make anyone yearn for the Bush years, since I don't know anyone who thinks the last eight years have been a productive, happy time in American politics. Do you think he's incompetent? Do you think he's stepping into an unfixable situation like Carter did and is just going to have to sleep in the bed he made for himself? Are you just an unhappy third party voter whose exact political ideology isn't being represented?"

Frostbyte, to answer your question - I am a Constitutionalist. The Federal Government should limited to
1) Maintain Interstate commerce through construction and repair of roads and bridges.
2) Maintain relationships with foreign nations for the purposes of trade and security.
3) Maintain and defend our nations borders.
4) Uphold the Constitution and settle disputes amongst the States.

Nothing else. If I were President, I would eliminate Social Security, Dept. of Education, Medicare, Medicaid, and all other social programs. These programs should be moved to the State level, as Washington can not possibly create social programs that meet the needs of all people. They also are all unconstitutional (at least in spirit), in my opinion. I would eliminate the federal income tax, as it is unconstitutional. I would eliminate the concept of "marriage" within the Government, as this is a Biblical term. As it applies to the "state", there would only be the contract law known as "Civil Union". I would uphold Roe v. Wade. I would legalize hemp and marijuana for the purposes of textile production. I would eliminate retirement plans for Congress and I would enforce term limits of 2 federal terms. I believe it was the intent of the Framers to have the citizenry equally armed as their Army, so the government must always fear its people. I believe the government no longer fears its people, and that is why they have gone so far astray.

Most importantly, I believe the only thing the Federal Government owes you is an opportunity. The rest is entirely up to you.

So, as you can see, my political position will NEVER be represented in our modern Congress and I am okay with that.

Obama will certainly change America - in a way that will make it unrecognizable to our Framers. It is a travesty what he represents. His policies will jeapardize the very core of our foundation. I will not debate with you "why" we are where we are right now. Suffice to say, we would probably not agree. I would submit to you that it was the vision of our Framers that allowed us to become the greatest nation in the history of mankind and that the further we diverge from their vision - the worse off each of us will become. In saying that, I need you to understand that I am not speaking on the concepts of slavery and women's suffrage - I believe those are wrongs that were righted. However, the core structure and the role of the Federal government in your life was absolutely perfected in the Constitution and has been continually eroded by each Congress since.

"Here lies The_Jazz: Killed by an ambitious, sparkly, pink butterfly."

Last edited by Cimarron29414; 11-06-2008 at 03:11 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73