View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
aceventura3
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willravel
That's unfortunate, because we don't live in a world of black and white. Everything is a shade of gray, and as such it's something people should become accustomed to.
Like the fact that you can use a military to impose your will or that you can use some other means. In my way of looking at it, you are imposing your will. In the world of gray, you get to rationalize it. Unfortunately, the grayness can lead to long-term pain and suffering and no clarity. I say if you are going to impose your will, do it, do it big, do it decisively. One of the problems with our occupation (the part after removing Saddam) is that we lacked real comitment and conviction to do the job.

I am not going to get accustomed to the gray, and I have no interest in it.

Quote:
Every time you explain why you thought Iraq was a threat, you use incorrect information. How, now knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that Iraq had no WMDs and that they weren't even seeking out WMDs, was Iraq a threat?
What do you want from me? The prewar intel was incorrect. We now know that. Even without that intel, I saw Saddam as a threat. My belief dates back to the first Gulf War. I stated several times, Saddam should have been removed from power then, I was in the minority then thinking we should have marched into Baghdad. I supported Bush in his first election in-part because I felt he would not tolerate Saddam's defiance and would not hesitate to use military force. I felt we needed to act when we did, or we would have had a bigger mess at some future date. You and I disagree. However, more people agreed with me than with you - including the Democrats in Congress who voted for the use of military force and our ongoing occupation. Perhaps, before debating with me (I am as far to the extreme as you can reasonably get on this issue), perhaps you would be better having an exchange with those who marginally could have gone either way, find out what caused them to swing Bush's way. Find out why they don't want to hold Bush accountable, if they now think he lied or whatever..
"A lady screams at the mouse but smiles at the wolf. A gentleman is a wolf who sends flowers."

Last edited by aceventura3; 07-10-2008 at 11:12 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73