View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
boink
Addict

harassment ? or ?

Hey...I'm shure there's some threads about harassment somewhere but I think this a unique situation.
the situation is heresay really, but I'd like to think my GF isn't totally nutz.

she's telling me the people in the apt above her are following her and her mother around their apt. meaning, they hear footsteps on the celing that follow them to the kitchen, bathroom, tv room etc.

she says they run the bathroom fan at 3 & 4 in the morning and since it's a cheap building the vibration wakes her up, she askes them to stop but they won't. or they do for a short while and then start up again. this fan thing is really a big issue actually. by the way my GF talks, people in her building are using the bathroom fans specificly to "harass" her.

anyway....I dunno. I find it hard to believe honestly that someone would follow people around tromping on the floor just to PO the downstairs neighbors. but then I don't pay much attention to wierdos. I walk around problematic people rather than butt heads. I mean,you can't change people,you can only chaing your situation (i.e. move) except it's financially prohibitive for my GF and her mom to move.

the thing is, I get calls from my GF and she rants on about this for longer than I can hold the phone to my ear. there's nothing I can do anyway. sometimes I feel like she's implying I come over, knock on the guys door and "straighten him out" somehow. but tha'ts not gonna happen. I don't think it'd work, I'm big enough to intimidate but yall know I'd be the one the cops would want to talk to about harassment if I did that.

I do know there's wierdos who'd do something like this. but ya know I haven't been over there to experience it....the tromping feet or the fans I mean.

but I also know my GF lost her dad @ 17 and always seems to be looking for a knight in armour... it seems by implication. I mean, her wording to me implys I do something. I mean, why else bend my ear about it ?

it's all just really bizzare to me. now she's saying it's "psycological rape" I mean the guy tromping on the celing...I just gotta put the pnone down and wait for the murmering to stop cause I can't listen.

well...I dunno. I'm sick of listening to it but I felt like I getting a reality check.
60-70% of the time she's ok....but then there's times it seems she's a bottomless pit of needyness

being an indipendant guy, and only child of a strong single mother I really get sorta disgusted by this "world is out to get me" talk.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73