View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 03:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
Tully Mars
Living in a Warmer Insanity

Super Moderator
Lieberman? Seriously Lieberman. Man, I don't see that happening.

I watched a couple shows yesterday afternoon. It became more and more apparent as the day went on that Hillary was being given the boot, so to speak. I was a little shocked when someone did a break down of the time line of the primaries. Five months ago? Really, probably because of the long time they spent campaigning prior to any actual voting, it seemed to me like at least a year. But I remember watching those returns from Iowa and still seeing Hillary as a positive option. However by the time Obama went on a multi state terror and then her reaction I just couldn't understand her anymore. Seriously she really finished hard and put up a lot of numbers in a lot of states but by the time she did that it was mathematically over. By that time she needed like 70% of all votes to get the needed delegates. Her staff, Bill and herself running around yelling about how there's no problem, we're going strong, she going to win was a little surreal. I kept think did all these people fail math? I was also struck by her campaigns seemingly lack of understanding of exactly how Democrats primaries worked. From the outside looking in it appeared they had no plan after super Tuesday. I read a quote from one of her top guys (Mark Penn?) who seemed to think they'd win California and get all of it's delegates. That's not how it works, this should not have been news to her campaign. By the time her campaign went into "kitchen sink" mode I no longer saw her in a positive light. Now watching her try to leverage her power and not concede when all the contests were over I really see her as a negative, no longer simply not positive- but completely negative. It now appears several members of her inner circle had to push her and force her to accept it's over. When was she thinking she might concede? Late Jan. 2009? Watching Terry McAuliffe introduce her Tuesday night as the "next President of the United Sates I immediately thought "you guys get CNN, right?"

So basically in five months I've gone from seeing Hillary as a positive force and decent leader to an undisciplined and possibly incompetent leader. At this point I do not see her on any short list as VP. But five months ago I could have seen her as the next President.

Vice President Starkizzer Fan Club

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73