View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tully Mars
Living in a Warmer Insanity

Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bees
The theme here is how the how the music led to your sexual awakening.
You say you wore out the grooves in that LP in high school. So, Tully Mars, did that lead you to wear out any other kind of groove?
Certainly, twas high school after all. I had a locker next to a nice looking girl with an exceptional shape to her. She was very quiet, almost shy. One day she saw me listening to that LP and that we begin to talk a lot. We used to talk about BS subjects, normal teen angst I suppose. One day I came to school with a t-shirt that read "Jog naked- It adds color to your cheeks." That afternoon I saw her by our lockers and she said "I like your shirt" and laughed. The next day I saw her and she was wearing a shirt that read "If I told you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?" She looked at me and said "well?" "Umm, well what?" "My shirt, do you like my shirt?" I shut my locker and said "oh, yeah, I get it, funny!" and headed to class. About two classes later I sat straight up in my seat and thought "WTF! I'm blowing it!" (Cut me some slack I was a dumb teenage kid. A nuke could have gone off in next town over and I wouldn't have noticed it either.) As soon as class let out that day I ran to my locker, nope gone, damn! I ran out and got in my car (POS Mazda RX2, back fired about every 10 mins.) I drove toward the area I thought she lived and saw her getting off the bus. She never took the bus again.

Most of that spring we spent ever afternoon down at the Willamette River getting high and swimming naked. I can honestly say the first time I ever heard Bruce Springteen's "The River" was at the river with her. I was covered in scratches from the blackberry bushes (and her) we'd just crawled through returning from our private beach. I put my key in the car, it backfired and the radio kicked on KGON from Portland which was playing "The River."

That summer we went to "Queen, Live Killers tour." To this day that light show, and making out with her may be the most memorable concert experience I've ever had. Even tops second row to the Stones in Hawaii. About two weeks after that show she moved to somewhere in the mid-west, Michigan I think. We phoned a couple times and wrote for a while, but young love and distance don't work well.

She may have been shy and quiet but she was one of the most sexual women I've ever been with. That was almost 30 years ago and I still think of her often, very often. In fact I put "The River" on about half way through writing this out.

Vice President Starkizzer Fan Club

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73