View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #120 (permalink)
Tully Mars
Living in a Warmer Insanity

Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaWhateva
While what I said was speculation, it has more reasoning in it than what you have said. There are stated reports about his inability to sleep and his severe illness and that he was pushing himself extremely hard. I see no reports backing up anything that you have said. It seems what mixedmedia said is true, that you are trying to make yourself feel superior because you have never done anything similar to what he did. Have you ever been in a situation like he was in? If not, then please quit putting down another human being who died. If so, still please quit putting down another human being who died so that you can feel better about yourself.

Because someone died taking a bad mix of prescription pills that can only mean that he was really stupid, right? He could have taken his life on purpose but the doses were low enough not to be lethal, but that's still a possibility. He could also have been in a really messed up state of mind at the time and it could have been an accident. There may also be other possibilities, but no, it had to have been just because he was stupid, right?
I agree with you and Mixed. Seem like people are engaging is a little Schadenfreude here.

On the sleep issue. An injury several years back left me with a nerve disorder in a my leg and foot. One of the medications originally prescribed left me wired, umm no make that WIRED. I had a constant feeling like I'd just drank a couple pots of coffee. Repeatedly telling my Dr. that I'd been getting 2-3 hours sleep total in a 3-4 day period was met with a shrug and "yeah, that can happen. Other than that how are you doing?" How am I doing? I'm not fucking sleeping and it's driving me bat shit crazy, that's how I'm doing!" I finally switched Dr. after a long battle with my insurance. My new Dr. immediately took me off that medication and started me on another. Within a week I was sleeping 4-5 hrs a night. Which has always been about normal for me.

On the issue of the number of different meds. I can easily see where a guy who travels the amount that Mr. Ledger did would end up seeing several different Dr's in several locations. With each Dr. spending a brief amount of time with him and prescribing something to help with pain and or sleep. I can just as easily see Mr. ledger while having difficulties in sleeping taking some meds and after not getting to sleep in a hour or two, taking another. And then another and so on and so on.

So I see no reason to jump to the conclusion that he either committed suicide or was a drug addict.

Vice President Starkizzer Fan Club

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73