View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanblah
So, just because he's the guy he's going to get the brunt of your displeasure? Sounds like a double-standard to me; and you'll be setting up a horrible situation for the new parents. Unless he forced her to have sex unprotected then he didn't "knock up daddy's little girl"--they did it together and thus should be treated equally.
You understand that "knock up daddy's little girl" means that he got my daughter pregnant, right? And as such, that's exactly what he did in the scenario in the OP?

And no, I'm not going to treat them equally. It's my prerogative to be overprotective of the young woman who I have raised since she was an infant. They will both be going to school and they will both have a stern talking to. The only difference is that SHE WILL BE PREGNANT. Welcome to a biologically implemented double standard that everyone keeps telling me about in the other thread. She's going to have morning sickness, mood swings due to hormonal imbalances, she'll inflate and suddenly find herself a lot heavier, etc. He won't. In other words, for the first 9 months, she won't need me riding her other than to make sure she's safe, prepared, and still going to school. The young man, on the other hand, is not pregnant. This is when I have to make sure that he will be able to provide for her. This means that he busts his ass in school, gets plenty of "responsibility" themed talks from me, and finds a job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanblah
It might be a better situation if HE DOES leave her ... sometimes two people should just not be together even AFTER they have kids.

Life is not black and white.
That's true, but it's not as easy as "he's not up to the job" so he can just leave. He'll end up under my thumb one way or another because that's just how I operate. This is the one area in life when Willravel stops being fair or whatever.

If you fuck my daughter, get her pregnant, and try to leave, expect me to do something about it. You WILL pay child support, which means you WILL have a job. You WILL be in the child's life. If you're not mature enough for that, then you will be doing a lot of maturing because I said so.

Outside of this specific scenario, I am a pretty calm, kind, fair guy, but this is a serious situation and I won't be walking on eggshells.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73