View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

See, I don't understand how wishes to "think of our military during Christmas" should be made political. Perhaps the OP made a mistake thinking this was the place to do it...... the mods then should have moved it.

To turn something that simple into political grandstanding is self serving, demoralizing to the troops (because you show them to be nothing more than pawns for your own political agendas), self serving bullshit.

Whether you agree with the war, the president or not..... these men and women are putting their lives and safety in harm's way believing they are doing so for the best of our country. A thread saying "thank you, you are not forgotten on Christmas" should be simple and filled with best wishes..... not political self serving bullshit.

We like to philosophize and point out what is wrong with the country in "our" individual eyes in this forum, but I propose and firmly believe this is a majority of what is wrong. One side so full of hatred, anger and self serving grandstanding that they cannot even wish the military men and women doing their jobs a safe and Merry Christmas. They are too busy spewing their own negativity. One has to ask if they truly even care about those men and women or if they just see them as some political pawns to gain movement so that "their" political party can win.

The other side is no better, they laugh and point out what I just did but do so in a much more angry, hate filled, self righteous context (it is possible listen to Limbaugh, read USTwo).... that they themselves spend more time fighting their political views than truly wishing the best for the men and women serving.

Negativity begets negativity.

Then you have those who will say "how dare you tell me I can't spew my views in this thread." Well, when we have more threads than I can think of dealing with the war and this one just said "let us think of our service personnel for the holidays and put politics aside", I don't see why those wishes cannot be honored. Unless, you fall into the above categories.

Anyway..........(enough of my self serving, grandstanding, bullshit)............. onto that of the most importance...................

GOD BLESS YOU MEN AND WOMEN OF OUR MILITARY........ THANK YOU FOR DOING THE BEST JOB POSSIBLE AND PROTECTING OUR FREEDOMS...... THANK YOU FOR BELIEVING IN OUR COUNTRY AND SACRIFICING EVERYTHING..... THANK YOU FOR SERVING....... MAY YOU BE SAFE, HAVE SMOOTH SEAS AND A STRONG WIND TO YOUR BACK....... MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD SPEED.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73