View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 08:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
ngdawg
peekaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan6467
The fact that the OP article came from a rag (the Daily Mail) and carried over here by the Enquirer/Globe/Star.

Is Jodie Foster gay?

Don't know, don't care. I respect her acting and the fact that unlike many child actors our age (in their 40's), she managed to truly graduate from Yale and maintain a decent private life where not much bad has ever been said about her.

As for private lives of the stars..... I'd rather just have my fantasies and allow them their privacy. I truly don't need to hear rumors "Jamie Lee Curtis is a Hermaphrodite"..... yeah well I hope your dick develops warts and falls off or your vagina gets super glued shut. Ruin my fantasy will ya.

What's sad is we now have 20+ yr old starlets and stars out there literally killing themselves to stay in the news..... and how pathetic is that? One can say it's them being publicity hogs.... but in all honesty, it's the people who buy the rags and delve into the bullshit that gives these people the attention and gives them the feeling they need to keep doing more shit like that in order to stay famous.

I guess what I'm saying in a long winded self righteous way is that, I respect the famous who are more discreet and let their work do their talking. I don't need to know nor care to know their private lives.

I also find it ironic that some of the people who seem to get into the raggish gossip are ones who cry that they fear the government is trying to get into their personal lives.
I agree with all of the above(for the record, I don't read rags like the Daily Mail-the story was actually in the AOL link to CNN, but can't copy and paste that. I just took the first of a litany of articles about it). Which brings me to this-it has gotten to the point where even news outlets like CNN and the NY Times are spending an inordinate about of time and money covering the private lives of people whose only purpose in life is to entertain.

We have become a nation of perverted voyeurism; daily doses of who's shagging whom, who fell off the wagon for the 14th time and who is having a baby are taking over what we used to call "news".

In this instance, Jody Foster is considered an icon of Hollywood-the little girl actress who grew up to be an Oscar-winning adult with a huge fanbase, including being the fantasy girlfriend of more than a few, is the darling of the media and the public, both of which had been speculating for decades about her sexual orientation. Big whoop. She's an A.C.T.R.E.S.S.

Do I read some of the trash? Yep. I, too, am voyeuristic, but I scan it while reading my online news. Couldn't tell ya who's shagging whom or who got a DUI this week because I don't care, either.

It's just a lame theory, but I think this is all in some attempt to make us 'feel better' instead of lamenting all the strife in the world. It's keeping us ignorant in a manipulative sort of way. *shrug*

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73