View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #128 (permalink)
skier
Rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedmedia
Oh, and for myself on the carnal fly, I'd just as soon fuck a short, balding, overweight, perhaps even slightly trollish looking man than a buff, young Greek god-looking stud. But what it would really come down to is the one who can make the hair stand up on my arms when they look into my eyes. And that doesn't have anything to do with looks or 'niceness.' It has to do with presence. Vital, visceral presence. Just being able to insert penis into vagina just ain't enough. I'd just as soon go home and masturbate.

This is a really silly attitude to take. Do you feel that a physically attractive person has less personality or confidence or presence or whatever "it" factor you think they need to make a connection with you?

It wouldn't make any sense to seek out someone physically "ugly" because they may have a great personality. Someone pretty is just as likely to be a great person as someone ugly. Less likely to be insecure, to boot. People don't wear their personality on their sleeve. You gotta talk to em first before you can make that sort of connection and learn what kind of person they are.

You start with that superficial, physical connection. A recognition that the person you see is physically attractive to you, and you go talk to them to learn the deeper, more significant traits in personality you find attractive.

Anyway, on topic:

Every single guy i've known has dipped below their usual standards when it's been a long time since they've fucked (had a physical connection?) a woman. It's really not an altruistic act, although the OP tries to make the argument. Both parties are working towards the same goal, the male having to reduce his standard of quality to get quantity (even if that is 1 vs. 0).

IMO, it's a role reversal, although the guy acts like a really promiscuous girl in this situation- he gets to be the chooser, instead of the choice. The woman in this situation needs to communicate other qualities attractive to a casual sex hookup; sexual freedom, willingness to experiment, a desire to please, free of disease, etc.

The relationship between two individuals looking for a one night stand or casual sex is largely centered around physical wants and needs. They are not looking for more, and the girl having a great personality would matter little to how much they enjoyed the sex.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73