View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
aceventura3
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbastid
What sort of punishment is just for this administration, then?
In the context of the Iraq war I think we had justification for the invasion even without the WMD. However, if the war was proved to be unjust, I think we have an obligation to repair Iraq. Like Powell said - if you break it you fix it.

This is one reason why I am confused by members of the Democratic Party - as a policy decision going forward, if you think the war was unjust, why would you want to leave before fixing what we created. They seem to want to blame Bush without taking any responsibility, even though they voted for the use of military force and have continually authorized funding and endorsed Bush's plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah
Yes...it would. Now extrapolate to 3700 grieving families, and a hundred billion dollars.
Families of the fallen have paid a very high price for this war. I cannot think of anything that can repay their loss. However, if we fight and are willing to die for the principles of freedom and the rights of all, there is no greater way to serve mankind and this nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakran
Well now that depends doesn't it. If you gather all the information and have no concrete evidence that I have a gun, and then you send inspectors to my house to check for guns and they don't find any, and then you go on television telling the whole city that I do in fact have a gun, and you're going to come get me, and then you come attack me, kick me out of my house, and hang me, all the while not finding any guns. And THEN you go around changing your story saying that you actually went in because I was mean to my dog and you were liberating him, then yes, I'd say your conclusion was absolutely a lie.
I would agree with you. In the context of Iraq, if the above mirrored reality, I would agree that the war was unjust and Bush lied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbastid
And if it's in the best interest of your big-business cronies to prove that tecoyah has a gun? And you find that to be the case despite your most reliable intelligence telling you otherwise? And you then fabricate connections between tecoyah and other propped-up boogiemen in tecoyah's neighborhood to justify bashing his door in and dragging him off to the gallows? And then your dear friends in oil and logistics move into tecoyah's house and start making quite literally BILLIONS of dollars off the ensuing tragedy?

What do you call that, exactly? Can we please go ahead and call that a lie?
If you say it was all done in the interest of big business, and in-fact that is wrong and there is no connection between the decisions made and big-business and that in fact the concept of big-business is nothing more that a trow away phrase to describe those who believe in the ability to buy and sell good and service in a free market, isn't that a lie?
"A lady screams at the mouse but smiles at the wolf. A gentleman is a wolf who sends flowers."

Last edited by aceventura3; 09-13-2007 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73