View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 PM   #63 (permalink)
YaWhateva
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesnowyowl
Yeah, all of the shelters in my area are no-kill. I volunteer for them, and the shelter is NOT a sad place. It's a happy place. Yes, the dogs are in kennels, but volunteers walk them, play with them, and they are well-fed. For many of those dogs, the shelter is a better place than they were before.

Like will pointed out already, the way these dogs were treated is more along the lines of a puppy mill than a dog shelter, plus they were made to fight. Even dog shelters who do euthanize generally keep the dogs in good, healthy, and safe conditions, and only euthanize when it is necessary. No animal shelter takes joy in euthanizing animals, and they certainly aren't pitted against one another in battles.

As for:

If you are a felon, you shouldn't be able to play in the NFL. For better or worse, whether we like it or not, athletes are rolemodels to young kids. I know some athletes have issue with this idea, but if they're going to be paid as much as they do for playing a game, they should have to follow the law like anyone else, and be held to a higher standard of conduct on and off the field.

Is there really something wrong with expecting people to be decent human beings and to act like adults?
I wholeheartedly agree with onesnowyowl. All the dog shelters in my area are no-kill as well and I just went to one yesterday. The animals were extremely well taken care of and I saw many dogs being walked and played with by the people that worked at the shelter.

ace, I agree about puppy mills and designer animals. The only dogs I have owned or ever will own are strays or ones from the dog shelter.

As for the NAACP playing the race card, the vast majority of professional athletes (at least basketball and football) are black. That in and of itself shows why more black athletes are convicted of crimes. It's just statistics. Also, the vast majority of them play on the whole gangsta attitude. I for one think the public would have been much more shocked and outraged if Brian Urlacher or Brett Favre or Michael Jordan or some other role-model athlete had been part to these heinous crimes. Also, I feel that they would have at least the same level of punishment from the NFL and the courts just because of how these players are(were) role-models and not bling bling wearing wankstas.

Michael Vick is a horrid human being. To have all the money that he has and to know what good he could have done with it only to see him use it for that is despicable. I personally think all the money and houses and cars and everything he owns should be seized and sold off. Then I think 100% of that money should be given to charities that help poor, unwanted animals (and not just dogs either).

As for his punishment, let a pack of pit bulls tear him to shreds, and then let someone finish him off by drowning. Let him play football again? Ha.

"This is my United States of Whateva!"

Last edited by YaWhateva; 08-24-2007 at 12:10 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73