View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:41 AM   #60 (permalink)
aceventura3
Junkie

I provided the link for all to see, true I did not include the entire "Section 2", but you did not either. At this point neither you or I have posted subsection "b", so what's your point? We already know that I cherry pick information, I am a registered Republican. I am sure you never cherry pick information that supports your argument.

You choose to overlook one of the most interesting points. The ASCB is an organization with what most would consider a political action committee designed to lobby Congress. I think it safe to say the organization has a political agenda to encourage and protect funding for their members. Again, I have no problem with organizations having political agendas, I just have a problem when people pretend that they don't. I think the underlying issue here is political and that the Bush administration has not hurt the ability of scientists to communicate their work and to conduct legal research.

Dr. Blackburn was a victim of the other people on the Council. They decided to exclude her contribution, I doubt Bush was directly involved. You call the members of the Counsil Bush "lackies" suggesting the members are not capable or willing to express independent thought. But, Dr. Blackburn was not one of those "lackies".

Here are the people who you consider to be "lackies":

Quote:
Council Members

Edmund D. Pellegrino, M.D.
Georgetown University Medical Center

Floyd E. Bloom, M.D.
The Scripps Research Institute

Benjamin S. Carson, M.D.
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions

Rebecca S. Dresser, J.D., M.S.
Washington University

Nicholas N. Eberstadt, Ph.D.
American Enterprise Institute

Daniel W. Foster, M.D.
University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School

Michael S. Gazzaniga, Ph.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara

Robert P. George, J.D., D.Phil
Princeton University

Alfonso Gómez-Lobo, Dr. Phil.
Georgetown University

William B. Hurlbut, M.D.
Stanford University

Leon R. Kass, M.D., Ph.D.
American Enterprise Institute

Peter A. Lawler, Ph.D.
Berry College

Paul McHugh, M.D.
Johns Hopkins Hospital

Gilbert C. Meilaender, Ph.D.
Valparaiso University

Janet D. Rowley, M.D.
The University of Chicago

Diana J. Schaub, Ph.D.
Loyola College

Carl E. Schneider, J.D.
University of Michigan
http://www.bioethics.gov/about/members.html

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just understand that I am calling you on doing something that you often accuse me of.
"A lady screams at the mouse but smiles at the wolf. A gentleman is a wolf who sends flowers."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73