View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
jorgelito
All important elusive independent swing voter...

Crime is a problem: human smuggling, drug running, gang activity etc. These coyotes and snakeheads are real criminals preying upon would be immigrants.

Stress on infrastructure: emergency rooms etc. Gang activity (by illegals) and illegal immigrants put enormous pressure on our hospitals and resources.

New England actually experienced a mini crisis of illegal immigrants during the 70s and 80s - many Irish were coming to NE in droves and often involved in NRA activity (definitely criminal). Same with a lot of Chinese illegals running up crime in Boston (gang activity, human trafficking etc).

Nowadays, tons of illegal Chinese are crossing the Mexican border to enter our country illegally because it is so easy to violate the Mexican portion of our border (relatively speaking). The other method being overstaying their visas. With the propensity of Chinese students inthe Ivy Leagues, it is easy to see why New England has illegal immigrant activity.

The Chinese problem is particlaurly interesting. Deportation is costly and not very effective due to lack of Chinese cooperation.

Illegal immigrant Russian girls are proliferate in Boston, New York, Chicago as hookers as part if criminal gang activity. Ditto many east Euorpean illegals too.

In SoCal, lots of SE Asians brought in illegally as "slaves" for the rich, mainly in Beverly Hills.

As far as So Cal. Too many examples to cite.

A lot of hit and run by illegals. My buddy was in an accident. The other guy was an illegal and didn't have insurance so my buddy was SOL.

I used to work with a lot of illegals. Awful workers. They did not come on time if they showed up at all. Didn't follow instructions very well. They would bring their homeland conflicts with them. We had to separate the Hondurans from the Guatemalans, the Peruvians from the Ecuadorians, and everyone from the Mexicans. Apparently the Mexicans were the most arrogant and also refused to work with the blacks. I'm sure some of the illegals were good workers but more often than not, my experince has not been positive.

On the other side, as a customer, trying to deal with an illegal worker was just as frustrating. Since these people could not speak English, they could not provide me with good customer service. It was always some kind of Chinese, Spanish or whatever. I appreciate cultural diversity but come on now.

I think the Mexican thing gets more attention cause of all the politicians trying to pander to the ill-conceived notion of a Latino vote.

Just wanted to add:

I think much of the problem or crisis with illegal immigration is due to its illegal nature. A lot of the illegal activity involved is associated with the illegal nature of illegal immigration, fueling criminal activity. If anyone is interested in exploring this angle further, then we should open up another thread.

Last edited by jorgelito; 06-09-2007 at 06:16 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73