View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
mr_alleycat
Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian
Again, not sure of the relevance. What does a "dust clowd" [sic] generated by the controlled demolition of a small building have to do with the events of September 11th, 2001?
It was a response to people who say the dust clowd, could only be generated by a controled demolition, and the collapse of the towers.

Quote:
Are you a building inspector in New York State? Or maybe an architect? A lawyer even? Can you claim any sort of familiarity with the building codes of New York, city or state? If not, then how can you use that as support of an argument? You make the valid assumption that the building passed inspection and was therefore up to code. Do you have any idea what that entails in terms of generators and pressurized fuel lines?
I'm not a building inspector in New York, or an architect. I am one who would install, and maintain such a system. I also know if you didn't have safety systems in place, you wouldn't get an insurance company underwrite a policy.

Quote:
I assume this was meant as a barb at me, so I'll address it. The thing is, I've done my own research. As soon as I heard about a possible conspiracy theory I started researching the issue. I went to the library. I checked websites on both sides of the debate. I did all of this four bloody years ago and I came to the conclusion that there wasn't any compelling evidence that supported a conspiracy theory.
Really?
Them getting their "New Pearl Harbor", obstructing any investigation, loading the commission with people that CYA, and sacrificing thousands more New Yorkers by rewriting the EPA report, doesn't ease my mind any.

Quote:
Again, for emphasis. Parsimony. I don't even have to tell you to look it up, since there is now a definition right here in the thread (thanks, Sticky!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Parsimony is the taking of extreme care at arriving at a course of action; or unusual or excessive frugality, extreme economy or stinginess.
Quote:
So just try to remember that in the absence of any other factors, the explanation with the fewest unknown entities is almost always the correct one.
Glad you cleared that up, I was starting to thing you just skim threads.

Quote:
If your cookies go missing and I'm in the room, you'll probably blame me and not cookie ninjas. Towers collapsed after being hit by speeding jet liners; me, I think terrorists and not death rays.
Agreed, but given the lack of military response, they may have gotten a little help from their friends. I mean OBL could not have placed those false blips on radar screens.

Last edited by mr_alleycat; 06-07-2007 at 10:03 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73