View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
host
Banned

Edit: I was concerned that the comments in the two preceding posts would derail the discussion from the intended topic of discussion. I was more disappointed by the "spirit" of the comments in those two posts, because I perceived an indifference conveyed in them as to whether....or not.....the thread stayed on topic, that I would not have anticipated coming from the authors of the two preceding posts, before this.

I suspect that my sensitivity was raised after comments that I posted in another forum that led to this response:
http://www.tfproject.org/tfp/showpos...0&postcount=26

I'm going to take a leap here and share my concern that my reaction to the comments in the two preceding posts, my reaction to the thread that the post linked above responds to, my reaction to what was expressed in that post, and my reaction to the "reception" that the recently posted "Are Supporters of the VP and Libby Aiding and Abetting War Time Treasonous Acts ?" has (not) had, are "out of synch" with what "everybody knows", "some perople say", and "most people believe....."

I've been posting on this forum as a way to "channel" my reaction to political developments. Compiling my posts, after researching their content, and then sharing what I've learned and been able to document to support my positions, seemed to be a calming thing to do, because I learned more after my intitial reaction, and putting my thoughts into words requires patience and a measured approach.

I started this thread after first reading that Thompson's campaign organization had been considering adding Tim Griffin. A short time later, I read that Thompson had thrown his hat into the ring.

I view Griffin as the "poster boy" of a corrupt political machine masterminded by Karl Rove, and formerly by Lee Atwater. I included Greg Palast's reporting about Griffin. Griffin seems to be the reason that the exemption of senate approval of presidential US Attorney appointments was slipped into a bill by Arlen Specter's staff, just before it's certain passage was voted on in congress.

Speculation is that Griffin announced his departure, after a very short tenure as US Attorney, because he would have to answer questions from the senate judiciary committee, to keep his US Attorney position, after all, and he cannot risk being questioned about his illegal "caging" activities in the 2004 election.

I'm also sensitive to the fact that Thompson represented one of the poorest states, per capita (Tennessee) as a senator, and he voted to eliminate the discharge of bankruptcy debt for his constituents, who at the time led the nation in home loan foreclosures. It is reported that Thompson donned a flannel shirt and drove around campaigning in Tennessee in a pick up truck, to convince his lower than average income and wealth holding fellow Tennesseans that he was "one of them"....a candidate worthy to be elected to follow up on the (in their best interests) representation that Al Gore had given them in the US Senate.....

As this forum's "expert" on the secretive CNP...Council for National Policy, I took exception to Thompson's recent appearance before that group.

IMO, the campaign strategists who work to elect republican candidates are aware that their candidates mostly have no constituency that would rise to numbers that would result in their getting the most votes in election contests.

I suspect that they know that they must illegally suppress the opposition vote, and fool some of those who vote for them into voting against their own best interests, and play to the racial and ethnic prejudices of still other potential voters to bring them "on board", as well.

Thomspson, as an actor, was a SAG member. SAG is a guild of workers in the acting field....a union. As a lawyer, however, Thompson is reported to have consistently represented the corporate opponents of unions.

Maybe I take the current political situation and the almost exclusively republican corruption, too seriously....maybe others here do not take it seriously enough. Maybe I am making a mistake because I cannot bring myself to write that maybe the most accurate perception is somewhere in between.

(i'm sorry....I can't write that because I just don't believe it to be a possibility, in this decade, anyway.....)

I keep coming here because I need an exchange that is not a rubber stamp of my political opinions, but I also need some things to be considered seriously, as in the case of Fred Thompson's candidacy and it's overtures to Tim Griffin and to the CNP and the executive branch outing of Valerie Plame as political "payback".

I may be someone living in serious political times, who takes political developments too seriously. I still lean in the direction that, given the gravity of things that I have spent time looking into, and of who is still in control of the US executive branch and of a near majority in the senate, and the growing disparity in the way wealth is distributed in this country, even my serious concern is not sufficiently serious...and a symptom of my leaning is my sensitivity.

Last edited by host; 05-30-2007 at 09:46 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73