Thread: The Ring
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kpax
Crazy

Yeah, I think I threadjacked. I'm sorry, but an admin contacted me and may be moving all posts to its own area. I thought it has to do with "first love" because this is the most I've done for a crush, and I've had many. As well, this time I was prepared mentally, ahead of time, to be hurt by rejection.*

Yes, I can read into things, too, as was mentioned, but I'm not in this case. I know my chances with her are grim, and they always have been. She knew I like her before this, make no mistake. I don't know why the ring has changed so many things, though.

The ring idea is extreme, I know, but money is no object to me. I'm not rich at all, but I bought the ring just to have it on hand. I might never have offered it.

The idea came up when a friend of mine mentioned buying her a gift for a special occasion coming up for her. He said jokingly, "Well, now that you said that, your gift is going to be really cheap..." As soon as I heard that I realized that I had to send a message, with my own gift, realizing that she would be showered with gifts on this occasion- which is next month. The ring was supposed to be that gift. I have a strong policy that is anti-gift, meaning, I don't and never have given a gift to anyone, but how could a guy that likes her be the only one who didn't buy anything? So, I decided to go all-out. If my gift were to be rejected, the last reason I wanted it to be was for lack of value. I was going to present this gift in front of everyone... and if not then, this ring was also going to be as a last resort. *I was going to use it in the event that I might've found out that she was about to date a guy. I was going to do something extreme by offering this ring (and a few words), and maybe change her mind and talk her out of it. So, the keyphrase is "last resort." Even then I didn't think that gesture would change any girl's mind, but a one-way message is important to me in an uchangeable situation.

The disaster is in the fact that she found out, and even though it hasn't been seen by anyone, the aftermath has been as much as though I had offered it to her already, which I didn't. I've denied buying it, and yet showing just the packaging to one person is enough to where everyone knows and believes that I have it, so basically what that means is even if I did take it back, it wouldn't do any good, because I have tried to lie about that, too.

Anyway, do you guys think I will get to talk to her again?

Last edited by Kpax; 05-26-2007 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Spelling errors

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73