View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosstbyte
On a total threadjack, what the hell does PC or computer console mean? Is that some mac-speak trying to further distinguish the dreaded linux/windows PC distinction and the pristinely and totally different "Mac computer console?"
I clearly said Windows or Mac, meaning both, together. Again I misspoke, and then I corrected it. I'll say this one more time, as simply as I can: Starcraft is the second most sold computer game of all time. Is that clear enough for you?
Quote:
You people REALLY need to get over yourselves.
It's hardly my fault that Macs are cool and PCs are for squares.
/sarcasm

Video game console is the name you seem to be referring to, and the name I was trying to avoid. That's how one differentiates between something like a Play Station or Nintendo 64 and other types of game playing electronics. I mistyped (I made a mistake and tried to correct it, something admirable, yes?) and now you're pretending like that has anything to do with the difference between Macs and PCs. As for the 'You people' statement, I don't appreciate being spoken to that way. I happen to enjoy using Macs, but discussions surrounding that belong in a completely different thread.
Quote:
Console=Nintendo, PS, xbox
PC=personal computer
computer console=silly made up category because god forbid a Mac ever fall into the same category as a computer running Microsoft operating system
Semantics lesson, eh?

PC = personal computer that runs Windows, but no Mac operating system
Mac = a computer produced by Apple Inc. that runs an operating system from the same company

..but of course you're the only person in this thread that suddenly jumped on this as if it were a Mac vs. PC fight. You do know that Bootcamp will be included in Leopard this year, right? So I'll be running Windows (probably Vista) on my Mac. I'm glad, because there are some applications only exist for Windows. Probably not something a the Mac zealot you portray me as would say.....

...but this is a massive threadjack so we're getting back on subject.

I know we all love the Blizzard games be they Warcraft, Starctaft, Diablo, WoW, or otherwise. They are a mighty company. I am left wondering if this might be something original. Maybe they want to make a new type of game. Maybe they're going to work on something original. I dunno.

Last edited by Willravel; 05-18-2007 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: trying desperately to clarify, and feeling a bit disrespected

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73