View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
woohog1
Crazy

Troubles in Paradise?

Im not sure if this belongs here, if it doesn't mods feel free to move it, and sorry for not putting it where it belongs.
To start with, I know that in a marriage things happen and problems arise. I am aware of this. No matter what one does, there will always be problems. So having said that, lemme dive right into my predicament. My Finacee' (sp) and are getting married June 2nd, and right now we are both EXTREMELY read EXTREMELY stressed. We are both still in school, although she is the smarter of the two of us, and is finishing up her masters. We are moving stuff into an apartment now, and trying to figure out how we are going to pay for things. All of this I tell you to give some background to my problem.
Tonight she calls me and says that she is tired of getting yelled at by her mom. I asked her what the problem was and she says that she (her mom) is yelling at her about me. Now where I come from if you have a problem w/ someone you do one of two things. You either tell them to thier face, or keep your fat mouth shut. This is not the first time she (mother in law) has done this either.
The things that she was talking about are things that if we both sat down and discussed im sure that we could work out a solution for. I will tell ya a couple of the problems and give my side of the story. First, I am in the proceess of trying to find a job. Now around here, in a college town there aren't that many jobs to begin w/. Her family has lived in this community for countless years. ( Both her mom and dad went to the same college that we both attend) So she says that they know how the "system" works. That may be, I don't really know. I do know that when I go to try and get a job, I pick up an application and fill it out, then when I return it to the store, I make srue that I look presentable, and polite. However after waiting 3-4 days, and not hearing anything they think that I never went and picked up an app. I then call the place and get the same excuses... " We have already filled the position/ we will call you back after we recieve some more apps all the usual things. So needless to say the job hunt is going nowhere fast. Secondly, Sally , my finacee' has this dog. It was her first pet ever, and she got it when she was 23 so she worships the ground he walks on. Well my M-I-L (Mother in law) says to her tonight, that if I don't start treating the dog better she won't let us take him w/ us when we get a place that allows pets. Now I have no clue what she is talking about here. I love the dog, as much as a human can love a dog. I get down in the floor and play with him, he follows me around the house. He waits for me to get home, he sits in my lap and we even take naps together. So I have no clue what she is talking about.
I realize this is a novel, so I will just go ahead and ask my question. Should I talk to my M-I-L, or should I let it go? I feel like I should say something since they are talking to my Fiancee' about me behind my back. Also should I tell my Finacee' that she should stand up for me when they do it? Im interested to hear what yall have to say. Thanks for the help.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73