View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by debaser
The real problem with legalizing marijuana is that the vast majority of people who are fighting for medical legalization look like they walked out of High Times magazine on their way to the local head shop.

Point being that a large percentage of the vocal advocates of medical legalization have obvious ulterior motives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly
nailed it.............that way we know what's in it.

mary jane just needs to be decriminalized..........it's that easy.

legalization brings on a whole shitload of more problems.
You both have it nailed.

Debaser, you are very right, most of the advocates are people who do look like they came straight from a High Times photo shoot and the majority probably are people who want it legalized for ulterior purposes.

Decriminalizing, would be a great step toward legalization. It may even be the compromise to both sides. My problem with that is the government at any time can say, "it's a privelege and we are taking it away again."

The government is too strong and we have allowed them to take rights and call them "priveleges" (CCW into places that allow them to be carried) or tell us "you do not have that right even though it's legal, so we're taking it away (smoking in restaurants)". (THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ON EITHER OF THOSE TOPICS, I WAS USING THEM AS EXAMPLES.... THIS THREAD IS SOLELY ABOUT MARIJUANA, PLEASE DO NOT TURN IT INTO A DEBATE FOR EITHER.)

Using those precedents, I can see in decriminalizing marijuana, the government saying... "ok, you can have it BUT you have to buy it from pharmacies and they have to buy it from USDA approved farms owned and operated by the drug companies."

That would thus end any "right" people would have to grow their own and know what truly is in it. Plus, it would make it unaffordable to many who need it, but could grow it because of their cancer or glaucoma they don't have the money and insurance won't cover it.

Legalizing it and giving people their right to grow it personally, is the only true way, I believe, to keep the drug companies or government from controlling it and keeping a NATURAL medicine from the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0nsensical
Actually, I'm going to save this post for later
Please post it.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

Last edited by pan6467; 04-22-2007 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73