View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
CptAJ
Upright

I would establish an autocratic government giving me absolute powers of sovereignty over our territory. I would use my position of power to dissolve all existing bureaucracy. After that, I would enact laws demanding that *ALL* government activities be subject to public record with the very strict exception of immediate-execution military operations (Even these would have a statute of limitation). I would assemble an user-friendly infrastructure to disseminate these public records so that everyone can access them with little to no effort. Then I'd rebuild the needed bureaucracies sans the fat.

I would set a hard ceiling to the possible accumulation of wealth per-individual to a relative number depending on the average wealth of the individuals in the nation. This way no one would be able to get disproportionately wealthy compared to others. All funds earned above this limit would be automatically donated to the government and then used only for public services. I would set a similar limit for corporations and corporate conglomerates.

I would overhaul the intellectual property system to reduce patent lifetime and such, specially in the medical, transportation and construction fields. I would study the possibility of limiting intellectual property only to the original authors (As in not being able to sell the rights. Only giving a temporary, possibly hard-limited license of use and manufacture)

Then I'd continue to administrate and lead the nation for 50 years. I would make clear emphasis on support for the health care and transportation sciences (This includes space exploration, which is a fucking necessity)

I would make it clear to the international community that I want no part whatsoever in any international conflict and demand that all foreign entities keep their noses out of my business (which does not mean I'd limit commerce, just political interaction)

After my time is done, I would reinstate a representative democracy based on a parliamentary republican system.

Of course, there'd be a lot of details to work out along the way but thats more or less what I'd go for.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73