View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #88 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaris
But there is evidence for the existence of God. You might not consider it *good* evidence, but it's there. I've made this point here before. Perhaps you would care to enlighten us with a definition of what you consider evidence? I suspect that either the definition is overly narrow, rendering your inference invalid, or that under your definition, the claim that there is no evidence for the existence of God is false.
If you mean that it's in the bible, then the same evidence exists to prove the existence of Frodo. To which bad evidence are you referring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaris
I also don't understand your claim that 'love' is nothing other than a bio-chemical reaction. This seems similar to the claim that pain is nothing other than C-fibers firing.* No, pain is that sensation I get when something's hurting me. While the physical mechanism is the cause of that sensation, there is more to the sensation than just the physical mechanism. Similarly, even if love is causally reducible to a physical mechanism, what love is, is the feeling that I am conscious of. To think otherwise is to just ignore the phenomenology of the whole thing.
I'm saying it can be proven, I'm not defining it. Love is very philosophical, and that aspect cannot be fully explained through scientific method. What can be explained is that it is present or not. That's all I was saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Taber
You can scientifically prove Love? You must be joking. That is rediculous. You need to get educated because that is about the dumbest thing ive ever heard in my life.

filtherton - 1
willravel - 0
Speaking as someone who has his degree in psychology (4.0 GPA) from a private university famous for it's psychology department and is getting his masters, and is the son and fellow researcher of one of the more prominent psychologists on the west coast, I think that you should probably post at least a shred of evidence that I'm wrong before you start throwing scores at me. Read the evidence I posted. I presented two books and an article written by a well respected doctor of biochemistry. Maybe instead of assuming you know the first thing about biochemistry or psychology, you should fact check first. The dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life is that the WWE is real. Think about it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73