View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #114 (permalink)
host
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceventura3
"THE" Top Dog, not "A" top dog.

No. Take another guess.

I don't know if you read her my position in context or just choose to pick that quote out of the blue. If she has an opinion encourage her to share them. I know there are many Israeli people against our military action in Iraq, my Isrraeli friend is against our military action in Iraq also.

O.k. you didn't think Sadaam was a threat. I did. What's next.

You say the missles fired at Isreal were not considered a threat. I did, on two levels. The first is obvious. The second had to do with his unsuccesful attempt to get Ireal involved in the war offensively. If he had suceeded what do you and your friend think would have happened? Didn't that plan put Isreal at risk? What makes you and your friend think his goals changed? What was he doing with the billions he was getting through the Oil for Food scandal?
I stand by my position - Sadaam needed to be removed from power, and it should have happend during the first Gulf War.

I say this for the last time. Iraq is in chaos. We are in-part to blame. We need to fix it. Sending in additional troops with a show of force is needed to get the situation under control. When the situation is under control, it will be up to the Iraqi people to determine their futures.

On a side note. I am amazed by the number of people who would ignore direct verbal threats. I guess I was raised on the "wrong side of the tracks", when people make direct verbal threats, I always assume they intend to act on the threat.
Quote:
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=1
For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
August 21, 2006

....THE PRESIDENT: I square it because, imagine a world in which you had Saddam Hussein who had the capacity to make a weapon of mass destruction, who was paying suiciders to kill innocent life, who would -- who had relations with Zarqawi.....
Lying through his teeth, ace....and just 3 weeks before this was finally released:
Quote:
http://intelligence.senate.gov/phaseiiaccuracy.pdf
From p. 70 of "Phase II" of the "Senate Report of Pre-war Intelligence on Iraq" we read:

(U)The FBI provided two summaries of statements made by Saddam Hussein regarding his regime's relationship with al-Qa'ida. The summary said that when told there was clear evidence that the Iraqi government had previously met with bin Ladin, Saddam responded, “yes.” Saddam then specified that Iraq did not cooperate with bin Ladin. In response to the suggestion that he might cooperate with al-Qa’ida because “the enemy of my enemy is my friend,” Saddam answered that the United States was not Iraq’s enemy. He claimed that Iraq only opposed U.S. policies. He specified that if he wanted to cooperate with the enemies of the U.S., he would have allied with North Korea or China.

Beginning on p. 93 of "Phase II" of the "Senate Report of Pre-war Intelligence on Iraq" we read:

According to the DIA, detainee information and captured document exploitation indicate that the regime [of Saddam Hussein] was aware of Ansar al-Islam and al-Qa'ida presence in [Kurdish-controlled] northeastern Iraq, but the groups' presence was considered a threat to the regime and the Iraqi government attempted intelligence collection operations against them. The DIA stated that information from senior Ansar al-Islam detainees revealed that the group viewed Saddam's regime as apostate, and denied any relationship with it. The DIA stated that one detainee speculared that al-Zarqawi may have had contacts with the former regime prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom, but all other detainees' information from both the former regime and members of al-Zarqawi's network, denied such contacts occurred.

(U)The FBI provided the Committee with a summary of a statement made by a captured forme Iraqi regime official regarding connections to al_zarqawi. The official stated that "following the Secretary of State's 2003 speech to the United Nations alleging links to al-Zarqawi, he traveled to Saddam's Presidential Palace to refute allegations and explain the details of the case to Saddam". The detainee claimed that the government of Iraq "considered al-Zarqawi an outlaw and blamed Ansar al-Islam for two bombings in Baghdad".

(U)The intelligence Community did not uncover information suggesting Iraqi regime involvement in the production of poisons or toxins in Kurdish controlled iraq prior to the war. Little information has emerged since the war to clarify the extent of the CBW programs conducted by the Ansar al-Islam in Ku rdish controlled Iraq. Several detained members of Ansar al-Islam reported that Abu Taisir was killed during Operation Iraqi Freedom air strikes.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73