View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #83 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo_PeiPei
Actually Will Saddam had well documented ties to Palestinian terror groups and Ansar Al-Islam a group with ties to Al Qaeda who operate out of Kurdistan. As for the weapons issue, there have been weapons found, there have been precursors found, there has been evidence found atesting to programs being in place, just because we didn't a million gallons of Anthrax doesn't mean there weren't weapons found.
I guess the question was: if you were the president and had the benifit of hindsight, would you have attacked a basically defenseless country?
Quote:
Also last time I checked Bush hasn't suspended Habeaus Corpus as no American citizens, except for Jose Padilla, have been held in any matter contrary to normal American common/criminal/civil law, and at the same time if memory serves Padilla's detention was upheld by the courts; also his FISA wire taps have not been deemed illegal by American courts, so unless I missed something in recent months that would counter my statements made you should really stop levying such accusations.
Habeaus Corpus was suspended when the Senate that passed the Military Commissions Act of 2006. The habeays provision in the act violates a clause in the Constitution that says the right to challenge detention shall not be suspended except in cases of rebellion or invasion. As it is clear that we are not dealing with a rebelion or invasion, this is a breach of the Constitution.

Why does Habeaus Corpus hate America?
Quote:
Such a statement about Al Qaeda is disingenuous, their purpose is Jihad and establishing the Caliphate again.
Jihad isn't a purpous. Jihad is a call to arms, but it doesn't give the "why". As far as Caliphate, that is a long term goal. The immediate goal is to remove all outside influences, mainly including Western powers, but also including Israel.
Quote:
What Freedoms have been stolen from me again? I've asked this many times here, never gotten a legit straight forward answer... if I didn't know better I'd think it was baseless...
Habeaus Corpus can be suspended legally now. Let me break down what that means:
First Ammendment: if you're in prison, you wave your rights
(as we already see in our prison system)
Second Ammendment: do you think you can have a gun in prison?
Third Ammendment: A OK
Fourth Ammendment: you can be searched for any reason a any time in prison.
Fifth Ammendment: Due process? Obviously not.
Sixth: No lawyers if you skip the trials.
Seventh: Speedy trials? It happened so fast that no one saw it!
Eighth: No bail if you skip the trial.
You get the idea....

NOT ONLY THAT, but wiretaps no longer require the FISA court, apparently. You can be wire tapped for no reason at any time, be you a US citizen or not. You ask how your freedoms have been effected, and I've answered.
Quote:
They seemed to do a decent job of disrupting things in Spain a few years back, perhaps if they were able to strike here again, and more people had a mentality such as yours our freedoms could be in trouble.
Again, how in God's name does a terror attack effect my freedoms? The only way it effects our freedoms is it allows our leaders, and their enemies, to make bullshit laws that don't even take into consideration that we have a Bill of Rights.

BTW, the 9/11 attack was a military operation and struck 2 military targets. Let's not pretend that the attacks on the Twin Towers or the Pentagon would be the same as a biological attack in downtown Baltimore or a nuke going off in Denver.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73