View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #82 (permalink)
Mojo_PeiPei
Kiss of Death

Actually Will Saddam had well documented ties to Palestinian terror groups and Ansar Al-Islam a group with ties to Al Qaeda who operate out of Kurdistan. As for the weapons issue, there have been weapons found, there have been precursors found, there has been evidence found atesting to programs being in place, just because we didn't a million gallons of Anthrax doesn't mean there weren't weapons found.

Also last time I checked Bush hasn't suspended Habeaus Corpus as no American citizens, except for Jose Padilla, have been held in any matter contrary to normal American common/criminal/civil law, and at the same time if memory serves Padilla's detention was upheld by the courts; also his FISA wire taps have not been deemed illegal by American courts, so unless I missed something in recent months that would counter my statements made you should really stop levying such accusations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willravel
No, the primary reason we were there was the WMDs and links to al Qaeda, if you judge by speeches given by Bush, Rice, etc.
Agreed.

Quote:
That's not really an apt comparison. Germany had the power to take over all it's neighbors and had one goal: global domination. the al aeda, for example, has goals more like "removeal of Western militaries from the Middle East".
Such a statement about Al Qaeda is disingenuous, their purpose is Jihad and establishing the Caliphate again.

Quote:
I will continue to figh Bush as long as he sees fit to steal our freedoms in the name of a fight that he is making worse. The real quesion is: Who wants to steal our lives and our freedom? There have been no real civilian targets hit on US soil by radical Islamic terrorists.
What Freedoms have been stolen from me again? I've asked this many times here, never gotten a legit straight forward answer... if I didn't know better I'd think it was baseless...

Oh yeah and (cough) 9/11.

Quote:
You said they are a threat to our freedom. That's silly. How are they keeping us from practicing free religion, press or speech? It's nonesense language intended to stir motions and cloud logic. If there is anyone or any organziation that is a threat to our freedoms, it has been made clear it is the current administration.
They seemed to do a decent job of disrupting things in Spain a few years back, perhaps if they were able to strike here again, and more people had a mentality such as yours our freedoms could be in trouble.

Last edited by Mojo_PeiPei; 01-15-2007 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73