View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
aceventura3
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachboy
ace: you really should stop relying on the editorial page of investors business daily.
The editorial page of IBD is like the comic pages were to me as a kid. It is the first thing I read. I don't always agree with what they write but I really like the cynical edgey humor used.

Quote:
have you looked up the work of theo richel? you should.
I did a Google search on his name and got a bunch of links in German, I don't speak German. Do you have a good link I can use to read his work?
Quote:
have you asked yourself about the sources that you rely upon to undercut the legtimacy of claims that there is global warming, who these folk are, where their money comes from, etc.?
Most of the stuff I have read has come from "big business". I realize it is PR. But on the other hand I have my own questions that I can't find answered. Also as a general rule if Al Gore says it is true, I am guilty of assuming that it is false. On this issue I am making an effort to have an open mind, but most of the material I have found mostly talks about how obvious global warming is and how the sceintific data is being manipulated by big business. They don't show the actual sceintific data, other than to say polar ice is melting and the average temprature is up a few degrees.

Quote:
when the united nations says that livestock is a significant source of greenhouse gasses, what did you imagine that meant? do you really think that centralized agricultural production as it exists now, and as developed over the past century is the same as older forms of agricultural production simply because cows are present in each of them?
No.

Quote:
i dont understand your thinking in this thread at all.
i read what you posted about it, and i still dont understand it.
A) I think Bush has flip-flopped. I don't know why.
B) I don't think polar bears are endangered.
C) I think polar bears are resourceful and will adapt to changing conditions.
D) I think the quality of life of people is more improtant than polar bears.
E) I have questions about global warming.
F) I think the global warming issue has been politicized to a greater degree than I think it should be.
G) I don't think we know enough about the problem to solve it.
Quote:
so maybe if you explain how you interact with sources on this question, it'll be easier.
Generally I interact with souces that support my point of view lovingly and with great enthusiasm ( I have actually framed material that supports my views). I interact with souces that challenge my point of view with caution and often with disdain (I got a Micheal Moore book as a gift once, I put it in the garbage without cracking the spine). But I do often read what you guys write and the links provided. Look at it this way, you may be my only source to see the light.
"A lady screams at the mouse but smiles at the wolf. A gentleman is a wolf who sends flowers."

Last edited by aceventura3; 01-03-2007 at 03:02 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73