View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
shakran
Tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan6467
What's fucked up is the police department sending only 2 officers. In this day and age of terrorism and crazy people, you have to take shit like this more seriously.
No, I think the cops did the right thing here. My station gets bomb threats all the time and we only get 2 cops as well. Why? Because if every damn cop on the force rushed to the station every time there was a bomb threat, pretty soon criminals would figure out to call in a bomb threat before they go rob the bank on the other side of town. Realistically the initial response officers are only going to be able to say "nope, no bomb here" or "yep, that thing might just be a bomb," and then call in the bomb squad. Sending more than 2 not only puts the rest of the public at greater risk, but it also puts a needlessly large amount of the police force itself at greater risk - -why lose 10 officers instead of 2 if the bomb is real and explodes while they're checking the building?

Quote:
The police shouldn't have let ANYONE inside that building until a bomb squad or people qualified had searched first.
That, I agree with.

Quote:
I have a feeling this was that store manager's idea and when top brass hear about it he may be in the unemployment line.
And that should be the first step - -- go to Walmart corporate. I don't think it's fair to give the entire company a black eye through the media just because some dumbshit store manager decided to play cowboy. Give them a chance to correct the situation. If they don't, THEN call us.

Quote:
IF this was Wal*Mart policy, then I'd go to every paper, radio station (not owned by Clear Channel because getting them to go against big business.... lol), tv station and any other news agency. But make sure you get a lawyer first, so wording and what is said can be controlled to not come back and harm you... people say stupid things in the throes of passion.
All this talk of calling the media and calling a lawyer, and no one's thought of calling OSHA? We got yelled at a couple of years ago because we had a metal step ladder that we used to reach high plants to water them. Had to be fiberglass, even though we never used it for electrical work. If we got yelled at for that, imagine what they'll do to a company that sends in untrained, unprotected, minimum wage employees to find a bomb.

As a somewhat offtopic aside, I think it's very interesting that so many people out there love to say what biased attention-mongering shock-whores the media is, until something pisses them off, and then they can't get to the phone fast enough to call us. Just sayin'. . .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73