View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

I don't know. The more I think about it and watch it, the more I just think it is Andy Kaufmanesque.

No, it isn't funny, not everything Kaufman did was funny. Kaufman always pushed the norms of society and would do the stupidest, whacked out things just to prove a point. Other comics did also: Kovacs, Dangerfield (that's why he was underground for a very long time), Tom and Dick Smothers, and the list goes on.

To me the end of his "tirade" is extremely telling.... where he says "you see, there's still those words.... those words..." and throughout "they're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger"... "you see you see this shocks you.... you see what's buried beneath you all...."

I keep focussing on that. Because I truly like Michael Richards, he is not Kosmo Kramer and it's sad that's how people will refer to him. He is not Stanley Spadowski from Weird Al's UHF movie, he is not some make believe character. He is a real person. And the fact that no matter where he goes, what he does he will always be "Kramer" has to take a psychological toll on him.... It would anyone.

Do I support what he did? No. Do I think it is a work? Yes, and I believe had he not been "Kramer" and more known for his envelope pushing, people would realize his stand up and act is not far from Kaufman's. The sad reality is he isn't looked at as the type, he is looked at as "Kramer" and thus the reaction he tried to get and the point he was trying to make, fell flat.

As for lawsuits, well, Hell if we can sue for emotional damage, I'm suing everyone in grade school because they unrelentingly teased me about my size (height), I'm suing everyone I was in the Navy with because they teased me about being Einsteinish but having no common sense, I'm suing every freaking rednecked, NASCAR watching, beer guzzling, waitress ass grabbing, white man for the stereotype they have place on me. I'm suing every black person who has looked at me funny because of my race, I'm suing every woman I dated because they laughed at my size (in bed)........... Fuck it, I'm suing every God Damned mother fucking person on this shit assed world because somehow, someway they have offended me..... and if they haven't they gave birth to, married, dated, laughed or knew and never stopped someone who did emotionally damage and offend me in some way.....

You know what.... fuck, I probably will have to sue any judge that hears the case, because they are idiots for letting it get that far, any lawyer representing me, their greedy assed mother fuckers who are just going to rob me of any winnings, my parents for having me, because they could have gotten an abortion and saved me from this Hell,.......

In the end, I have to sue my own Goddamned mother fucking son of bitch ass because I have done more emotional, psychological, and physical harm to myself because of the idiotic choices I've made than all other people on this planet combined.

Fuck it.... too much work, and besides I don't want everyone to know what a sorry asshole I truly am.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73