View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
dksuddeth
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by willravel
We'll never disarm bad people, eh? Well, then let's not even try!!!
first thing you've said right about this issue, but only because it's not the right solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willravel
In order to prevent guns from getting in to the wrong hands, you must find out where they are getting them from. I imagine that the sales of guns from producers to middlemen to distributors is well regulated, but what about simply tracking every single gun? Mark every gun produced and track them from the factory all the way to the person that buys the gun. A complete paper trail. So what happens when we retreive a gun used in a crime? We investigate that paper trail and discover where they got the gun. Maybe it was slipped to them by a middleman. Maybe it was stolen. However they got it, we now know how they got it and can work to prevent that from happening again. Multiply that by 1,000,000. The police track criminal after criminal after criminal, cutting off all the supply lines. Eventually, guns on the street will be so rare that the idea of arming the public for self defence will be entirely unnecessary. Gun laws will be irrelevant. Our coversation will be over, and then I'll give you links to hundred of websites with data on how gun crime kills less people per year than sharks.

So read that, and remember, no where in there did I infringe on your right to bear arms. No where did I take your weapon. Disarm the bad guys, and the good guys won't need to be armed.
all of which will be 1,000 times more expensive than just taking the guy that used the gun in a criminal act and throwing him in prison the rest of his life.

tell me, what happens when a dealer sells to a felon? they lose their license.
so what do you do when a private individual sells to a felon? you want to indict him. why? because you don't want to hold the felon responsible for breaking the law. start holding the criminals responsible and watch crime drop like the hindenburg.

everything that you propose is a long vision attempt to keep people from having guns. You don't like guns. I understand that. Lots of people don't like guns. But what do YOU do when the government is the only one with the guns? Where is your freedom then?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73