View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
dksuddeth
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by willravel
What I want is to not have idiots with guns. I'm not getting into this again. Unless there can be a certianty that having more guns with more people isn't going to result in accedents or bad decisions, I cannot and will not support this ever. Your continued postualtion that the world will be a safer place when everyone is armed is dangerous. People shouldn't have guns for the same reason that most (if not all) countries should not have nuclear weapons.
Something about life you should start learning will, is there is no certainty except death and taxes. Everything else is chance, just chance. To quote something from a semi-stupid segal movie, 'chance favors the prepared mind'. 75% of the population should also take huge exception to your suggestion that they shouldn't have guns because they are certain to fly off the handle and shoot wildly with abandon.

Quote:
What I want is reasonable safety. What I want is criminals not carrying dangerous weapons.
keep them in prison then. pretty simple.
Quote:
Did you know that some people right now that are not criminals will become criminals?
This is called 'free will', you should know all about this, considering your spirituality.

Quote:
Laws like this are arming future criminals.
so we should mandate compliance for the entire populace to be a victim to insure that .001% of the population can't use 'self defense' claims to commit murder?

Quote:
Also, how many crimes are committed with guns stolen from people who purchased them legally?
what relevance does this have for allowing someone to defend themselves at a grocery store parking lot?

Quote:
I've asked this before in several other threads, but where do the guns from criminals come from? Somewhere between the companies that produce the guns and the distributors, guns must go missing. Are they stolen? Are they sold under the table? Why aren't we focusing on disarming the criminals instead of arming the populace?
Because 72 years of government stupidity still hasn't taught anyone that you CANNOT disarm criminals, EVER. The only way to keep a criminal from having a gun is to lock them away, period. Right now, this very moment, someone is prevented from defending their life because an idiot politician (supported by idiot citizens) thinks that a gun control law will stop crime.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73